IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Vauxhall’s Corsa has been one of the UK’s best selling cars for more than a decade, and with discounts of 33% available, now is a great time to buy one.
The Vauxhall Corsa has sat firmly in the UK best seller list for most of the 21st century, thanks to its spacious interior, lively engines and reasonable prices. As this model is getting a little bit long in the tooth, substantial discounts are now available, making the Corsa even better value.
A wide range of petrol models are available from a basic 1.0-litre, which is one of the cheapest cars you can insure as a new driver, to a very fast hot hatch that can sprint to 62mph in just 6.5 seconds.
Several economical diesel engines are also offered and most have very low running costs, with official fuel economy figures reaching up to over 80mpg on the greenest model.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Vauxhall Corsa
Our top choice Vauxhall Corsa for under £10,000
Thanks to a discount of £4,974, you can pick up our favourite Corsa, the 1.4 SXi 5-dr [AC], for just £9,966. This petrol model has a sprightly 1.4-litre engine that accelerates to 62mph in 11.9 seconds, yet it is just as economical on paper as the less powerful 1.2-litre version, officially returning 51.4mpg. It also has a good range of equipment with air conditioning, CD player with MP3 compatibility, electric heated door mirrors and daytime running lights.
SXi specification also includes lots of other kit such as 16-inch alloy wheels, sports seats, audio controls on the steering wheel and cruise control, so you won’t feel short changed.
Economical diesel Vauxhall Corsa for £12,165
If you cover a lot of miles and would prefer a diesel engine, the Corsa 1.3 CDTi 95 SE 5-dr is available with a £4,575 discount from Nationwide Cars. This frugal model officially returns 64.2mpg; performance is also reasonable with a 0-62mph time of 12.3 seconds.
Despite the attractive price, the Corsa 1.3 CDTi SE is packed with lots of luxury equipment including a heated leather steering wheel, heated front seats, automatic lights and wipers plus 16-inch alloy wheels.
New 1.2-litre Vauxhall Corsa for just £8,691
With a £3,224 discount, the Corsa 1.2 S 3-dr offers an affordable route into a brand new car at under £9,000. This economical model has a smooth 1.2-litre engine that officially returns more than 50mpg and accelerates to 62mph in 13.6 seconds.
Basic S specification includes ABS, driver and passenger airbags, daytime running lights and a CD player with MP3 compatibility. Due to its low price, this model does miss out on side and curtain airbags, air conditioning and alloy wheels, so if these are on your shopping list you may prefer a pricier model.
Hot Car Deals:
- Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 SXi 5dr [AC] – £9,966 at Discounted New Cars
- Vauxhall Corsa 1.3CDTi  SE 5dr – £12,165 at Nationwide Cars
- Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 S 3dr – £8,691 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.