Hot Car Deal – Skoda YetiLarge discounts on Skoda’s popular Yeti 4x4
09 October 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Skoda’s Yeti is a quirky crossover which blends off-roader style practicality with hatchback running costs. Big savings make the Yeti an attractive alternative to its sister model, the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Skoda has made its name in the UK selling cars with Volkswagen engines and technology at knock down prices, and the Skoda Yeti is no different. While you’ll have to find at least £19,000 to put a Volkswagen Tiguan on your drive even after discounts, you can pick up a Yeti for just over £13,000. A wide range of Volkswagen petrol and diesel engines are available and buyers can choose between two and four-wheel drive models and manual and automatic gearboxes – so you should be able to find a model fitting your requirements.
The Yeti benefits from a practical and adaptable interior, which has a high quality feel plus a useful boot. On the road, the Yeti performs well, offering safe handling, a smooth ride and strong brakes. This crossover is also cheap to run and fuel bills on two-wheel drive models shouldn’t be much more than those of some conventional hatchbacks. Thanks to its raised ride height, the Yeti is easy to get in and out of, too.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Skoda Yeti
Top choice diesel Skoda Yeti for £16,222
Thanks to a discount of £2,348 from Carfile, you can pick up our favourite Yeti for just over £16,000. This two-wheel drive model features a responsive 2.0-litre diesel engine with 110bhp, which helps the Yeti accelerate to 62mph in 11.6 seconds. This Yeti also returns a reasonable official fuel economy figure of 55.4mpg.
In SE specification, the Yeti is well equipped with dual-zone air conditioning, rear parking sensors, cruise control and a trip computer as standard. Also included are 17-inch alloy wheels, tinted rear windows, front and rear armrests, integrated headlight washers and a multi-function leather steering wheel. You can also plug your MP3 player into the speakers and there are useful rails with lashing hooks in the boot so you can secure smaller loads easily.
Affordable petrol Skoda Yeti for just £13,113
If you’re looking to spend less and would prefer a petrol engine, the Yeti 1.2 TSI S is currently available from Discounted New Cars for £13,113 – a saving of £2,542 on the list price. Despite the low price, this Yeti has all the essentials including six airbags, electric front and rear windows and manual air conditioning.
This model also has 16-inch alloy wheels, front fog lights, a trip computer and a height adjustable driver’s seat, so you should be able to get comfortable behind the wheel. Even though the 1.2-litre engine is tiny, it is turbocharged. That means this Yeti is just as sprightly as the 2.0-litre diesel above, accelerating to 62mph in 11.8 seconds. Fuel bills should also be reasonable, with an official fuel economy figure of 46.3mpg.
Save £3,665 on top specification Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR 
For the price of a mid-range Volkswagen Tiguan, you can buy a top of the range Yeti which is packed with equipment. After a £3,665 discount from Nationwide Cars, the Yeti 2.0 TDI CR  Laurin+Klement 4x4 DSG is available for £23,285. This model has a strong diesel engine which powers it to 62mph in just 8.6 seconds, four-wheel drive for extra traction in winter and an automatic gearbox to take the stress out of driving.
For your money you get satellite navigation, a digital radio, a heated windscreen, panoramic sunroof, heated black leather seats and xenon headlights which swivel as you turn the wheel. Also standard are automatic wipers, an automatic dimming driver’s wing mirror and park assist which can steer you into a parking space. This Lauren+Klement model additionally has polished 17-inch alloy wheels and several extra storage boxes in the boot and under the front seats for added practicality.
Hot Car Deals:
- Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR SE - £16,222 at Carfile
- Skoda Yeti 1.2 TSI S - £13,113 at Discounted New Cars
- Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI CR  Laurin+Klement 4x4 DSG - £23,285 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.