Hot Car Deal – £5,300 discount on Ford’s S-MaxSave 17% on Ford’s practical and fun to drive MPV
21 November 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Ford’s S-Max people carrier is not only comfortable for passengers, it’s fun for drivers too. With discounts of more than £5,300 available, it offers a good value alternative to other family cars.
If you’re looking for a practical and spacious MPV that is good for passengers and the driver, the Ford S-Max is your car. Not only is it enjoyable to drive compared with people carrier rivals, it also has a comfortable and attractive cabin with tons of space in the middle seats and plenty of room for children in the third row.
A variety of strong petrol and diesel models are available, and the 2.0-litre diesel engine suits the car particularly well, being both smooth and quiet. The S-Max also handles corners well and has strong brakes.
Save £4,170 on top choice Ford S-Max
After a discount of more than £4,000, you can pick up our favourite S-Max, the 2.0 TDCI 140 Zetec, for £19,740. Despite the attractive price, this model is well equipped, with seven seats, Isofix mounting points for child seats on all three rear seats, Bluetooth, air conditioning and front and rear parking sensors.
The 2.0-litre diesel S-Max can accelerate to 62mph in a reasonable 10.2 seconds and official fuel economy is 53.3mpg, so fuel bills shouldn’t be too high. Read our full Ford S-Max review to find out how close the S-Max gets to its official fuel economy figure.
£4,239 off petrol Ford S-Max 1.6 EcoBoost
If you prefer a petrol model, the S-Max 1.6 EcoBoost Titanium is available for £20,386 – a saving of more than £4,000. This model is strong enough to cope with heavy loads and accelerates to 62mph in 9.8 seconds. Fuel economy isn’t bad for a petrol model either with an official claim of 41.5mpg.
In Titanium specification the S-Max is kitted out with a Sony digital radio, automatic lights and wipers, cruise control and handy air conditioning vents for rear seat passengers. There is also a child observation mirror above the rear view mirror so you can keep an eye on children in the back.
£5,319 discount on Ford S-Max 2.2 TDCi 200
If you have more money to spend and would like more equipment and a sporty drive, the S-Max 2.2 TDCi Titanium X Sport is available with a £5,319 discount – slashing the price to £25,756. For your money you get part leather seat trim, 18-inch alloy wheels and sports suspension in addition to xenon headlights.
Rear seat passengers aren’t left out either with a full length glass roof to brighten up the cabin. The 2.2-litre diesel motor powers the S-Max to 62mph in just 8.6 seconds and should be able to shrug off a full complement of passengers and luggage, although official economy is only 42.8mpg.
Hot Car Deals:
- Ford S-Max 2.0 TDCi 140 Zetec - £19,740 at Nationwide Cars
- Ford S-Max 1.6 EcoBoost Titanium - £20,386 at Nationwide Cars
- Ford S-Max 2.2 TDCi 200 Titanium X Sport - £25,756 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.