Supermarket Iceland has launched a new online appliances shop selling fridges, freezers, cookers, washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers.
The site has more than 2,800 products from 29 brands. Iceland is also advertising a Price Match guarantee backed by daily checking of over 25,000 prices which claims to match a competitor’s price should you find it cheaper anywhere else.
Will Iceland be able to beat off competition from more established rivals? You can find out which electrical sites have previously scored top in our annual survey of online shops – we asked over 14,000 members their views of shopping websites they’d used.
Iceland – appliance prices
We checked the price of three popular models of appliance at Iceland Appliances against another big retailer and found:
Bosch WAQ28461GB washing machine
Iceland – £409
Currys – £429
AEG T75280AC tumble dryer
Iceland – £435
John Lewis – £455
Hotpoint FFFL1810P fridge freezer
Iceland £389 (white version)
Currys – £449.99 (sale price, silver version)
However, if you buy either the tumble dryer from John Lewis or the Bosch washing machine from Currys you can apply for £50 cash back. Prices correct as of 29 November 2013.
Iceland Appliances is being launched in partnership with DRL Limited, the parent company of Appliances Online.
Which? reviews hundreds of appliances every year to guide you to the best and help you avoid the worst. Visit our Home & Garden section for our latest reviews.
Appliance prices – what to consider
When comparing prices though you should also consider what else is included in the price.
- Delivery charges can vary a lot, as can flexibility over delivery slots.
- Different shops offer different warranties. For instance, many John Lewis appliances come with a two-year warranty.
- Companies will have different charges for disconnecting old appliances and installing new ones – and some may not charge at all.
- Expert reviews of washing machines, and fridge freezers
- Which? reveals the best and worst shops for buying electricals
- Find out more about your rights when shopping online