Which? Technology news roundup, 1 November 2013iPad Air rivals, Olympus OM-D E-M1 & fireworks...
01 November 2013
The dark nights of November can only mean one thing: fireworks! To celebrate, our cameras expert is on hand to provide his top five fireworks photography tips.
From keeping your camera steady, to setting your shutter speed just right, we provide the best tips for capturing this year's celebrations at their most explosive.
Today also sees the release of the iPad Air, Apple's latest full-size tablet that's almost certain to set new sales records. However, the device doesn't come cheap; we compare the Air to its rivals to see which present an enticing alternative.
Finally, we take a first look at the Olympus OM-D E-M1 to see if the build quality and features of the Micro Four Thirds camera can possibly justify its hefty price tag.
Also on Which? Tech Daily this week:
- Is your iPhone’s fingerprint scanner secure? – see our video guide
- Best cheap tablets under £200 – our top five devices
- Feeling lost? – see our top five sat nav apps for iPhone
- Helpdesk Challenge – how to switch email accounts
- Sony A7 and A7R – the world’s smallest full frame system cameras
All this and more on Which? Tech Daily.
Top five fireworks photography tips
November 5th is just around the corner and soon the skies will be lit up with fireworks. As well as being spectacular to watch, these multicoloured blasts of gunpowder can be tricky to photograph. Don't worry though, because if you’re heading to a display and want to capture the perfect moment help is at hand.
Were here with advice on how to master your camera’s settings, work out where to aim your shot, plus solutions to several other photographic hurdles. See our top five fireworks photography tips.
iPad Air vs Nokia 2520, Microsoft Surface 2 and its Android tablet rivals
After last week's grand unveiling of Apple's iPad Air, competition in the 10-inch tablet arena is at fever pitch.
We take a look at the new iPad's key rivals including the Microsoft Surface 2 and Nokia 2520. Read on for more on the iPad Air's tablet competitors.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 – a flagship camera
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 is a new Micro Four Thirds camera that's priced at a hefty £1,299 for its body only.
Our expert looks at the camera's five key features - including autofocus speeds, clarity of image and electronic viewfinder - to see if the qualities of the Olympus OM-D E-M1's justify the expense.
Other technology news
- iPhone fingerprint scanner - is it safe?
- Best cheap tablets - our top five
- Sat nav apps - top five iPhone apps
- Helpdesk Challenge - switch email accounts
- Sony A7 and A7R - key features
- Get all the latest reviews at Which? Technology
- See which models are Best Buy tablets
- See all of our mobile phone Best Buys