Hot Car Deal – Save £2,900 on Kia SportageWe’ve found large discounts on Kia’s Sportage 4x4
03 December 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Kia is well known for its competitive pricing and the Sportage off-roader represents great value for money. You can still find discounts of nearly £3,000 on the Sportage if you shop around though.
The stylish Kia Sportage is up against popular models, such as the Nissan Qashqai, Skoda Yeti and Ford Kuga. However, none of these models can compete with the Kia’s seven-year, 100,000 mile warranty. Sportage owners also benefit from car-like handling on the road, a spacious and practical, family-friendly interior and a long equipment list.
The Sportage also does well on the safety front with a five-star Euro NCAP crash rating and lots of safety kit. Several petrol and diesel engines are available, and buyers can also choose between two and four-wheel drive.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Kia Sportage
Top choice Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX2 for just £20,518
If you’re looking for the most affordable Sportage, the 2.0 CRDi KX2 is available for just £20,518 online – a discount of £2,482. Despite the attractive price, this model has a strong diesel engine and four-wheel drive.
It's well equipped with air conditioning, a panoramic sunroof and reverse parking sensors as standard. The 134bhp 2.0 CRDi engine hauls the Sportage to 62mph in 10.9 seconds and officially returns 49.6mpg. This motor not only shifts the Sportage effortlessly, but is refined too with a smooth manual gearbox.
Save £2,943 on the Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX4
If you want a few more toys for your money, look no further than the 2.0 CRDi in top spec KX4 trim, which comes with leather seats, aluminium scuff plates, front parking sensors and a parallel parking system.
Following a discount of £2,943, the Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX4 is available for £24,222. Thanks to a strong 181bhp diesel engine, this Sportage can accelerate to 62mph in 9.4 seconds but is still capable of a claimed fuel economy figure of 46.3mpg.
Brand new Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 1 for under £16,000
For those with a smaller budget, how about a brand new Sportage for only £15,992? This petrol model has a good range of standard equipment including air conditioning, electric windows all-round and cruise control, plus Bluetooth connectivity and automatic wipers.
It's two-wheel drive, and as a result fuel economy is reasonable with an official fuel economy figure of 44.1mpg. Acceleration is also good for such a small engine, with the car sprinting to 62mph in just 10.7 seconds.
Try Which? for £1 to find out how close the Sportage got to its official fuel economy figures in our more realistic tests.
Hot Car Deals:
- Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX2 - £20,518 at Nationwide Cars
- Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi KX4 - £24,222 at Nationwide Cars
- Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 1 - £15,992 at Carfile
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.