Hot Car Deal – save £4,800 on Mitsubishi OutlanderFind big discounts on this seven-seat 4x4
17 December 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Due to increased demand for four-wheel drive cars, off-roaders aren’t normally discounted much in winter. Shop around though and you can save nearly £5,000 on the Mitsubishi Outlander.
The Mitsubishi Outlander may not be the most popular off-roader, but it has a proper four-wheel drive system, so it should take slippery surfaces and mild off-roading in its stride, and most models have seven seats. It also proved pretty efficient in our realistic fuel economy tests, so running costs should be reasonable.
Even the cheapest model is well equipped too, with four-wheel drive as standard, although it doesn't come with seven seats. Even with five seats, the Outlander offers plenty of space for passengers and luggage and is very safe scoring a five-star safety rating in European crash tests.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Mitsubishi Outlander
Save £4,846 on our top choice Mitsubishi Outlander
The Outlander is available with just one diesel engine and four-wheel drive as standard, so your only decision is which specification to choose. We’d pick the GX4 model as it’s stuffed with equipment including seven seats, leather upholstery, 18-inch alloy wheels and a satnav, all for a competitive price. Following a discount of nearly £5,000, you can find the Outlander GX4 for just £25,153.
Other standard equipment includes a reversing camera for easy parking, heated front seats for cold winter mornings, an electric driver’s seat and an electric sunroof. This model has a strong diesel engine which carries it to 62mph in a reasonable 10.2 seconds and officially returns 52.3mpg.
Try Which? for £1 to find out how close the Outlander got to its official fuel economy figure in our more realistic tests.
Great value four-wheel drive Mitsubishi Outlander for just £20,967
If you can do without seven seats and the extensive equipment tally of the GX4, you can pick up an Outlander GX2 for under £21,000 – saving you £2,732 on the list price.
Despite the reasonable price, you still get lots of kit including hill start assist, an adjustable speed limiter, automatic lights, climate control and cruise control. This model shares the same engine as the GX4, so economy and performance are both good.
Well-equipped seven-seat Mitsubishi Outlander for £23,995
If you need seven seats but don’t want all the toys of the GX4, you can save yourself a four digit sum and pick up the Outlander GX3 for £23,995 – a discount of £2,404. This model features seven seats, tinted rear windows, dual zone climate control, automatic windscreen wipers and Bluetooth so you can connect your phone to the car.
Hot Car Deals:
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 DI-D GX4 - £25,153 at Nationwide Cars
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 DI-D GX2 - £20,967 at Nationwide Cars
- Mitsubishi Outlander 2.2 DI-D GX3 - £23,995 at Justclick4cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.