IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Seat’s Leon shares many parts with the VW Golf. But not only is the Leon cheaper to begin with, you can find larger discounts. That makes the Leon fantastic value.
It doesn’t matter whether you buy the compact, three-door Sport Coupe, the practical five-door hatchback or the roomy Sport Tourer estate, the Seat Leon is a striking car. Prices are competitive too, safely undercutting its sister models, the VW Golf and Audi A3. And the Leon benefits from those pricier models’ refined and efficient engines.
The Leon is also enjoyable to drive and boasts a long list of safety equipment, making it one of the best medium cars currently on sale. With several body styles and a wide array of engines to choose from, buyers should be able to find a Leon that suits their needs perfectly.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Seat Leon
New Seat Leon Sport Tourer for just £17,183
The new Seat Leon Sport Tourer isn’t even in showrooms yet, but you can already find discounts of more than £3,600 on our favourite model, the 2.0 TDI SE – slashing the price to £17,183. This car has a strong diesel engine that launches the spacious estate to 62mph in just 8.6 seconds and should cope well with heavy loads.
Despite the performance, claimed fuel economy is impressive, at 68.9mpg. SE specification includes 16-inch alloy wheels, front fog lights, cruise control, air conditioning and hill-hold control, which takes the stress out of hill starts.
Seat Leon 1.2 TSI SE Sport Coupe for £13,692
Thanks to a discount of more than £2,900, you can find the Leon 1.2 TSI SE for just £13,692. This model benefits from all the same equipment as the Sport Tourer above, but swaps the diesel engine for a small petrol engine.
However, thanks to a turbocharger this model punches above its weight, accelerating to 62mph in an impressive 10.0 seconds and returning fuel economy of 57.6mpg (claimed).
Save £4,421 on Seat Leon 2.0 TDI 184 FR DSG 5-dr
If you’ve got a little more to spend and want more speed and equipment for your money, look no further than the Leon 2.0 TDI 184 FR DSG. This model is kitted out with VW’s slick dual-clutch automatic gearbox, which makes driving around town a doddle. It changes gears very quickly and smoothly.
Following a discount of more than £4,400, this car is available for just £19,329. In sporty FR trim you get 17-inch alloy wheels, twin exhaust pipes, front sports seats and sports suspension for keener driving. Other toys include dual-zone climate control and front and rear parking sensors to make parking easier.
Hot Car Deals:
- Seat Leon 2.0 TDI SE Sport Tourer – £17,183 at Discounted New Cars
- Seat Leon 1.2 TSI SE Sport Coupe 3-dr – £13,692 at Nationwide Cars
- Seat Leon 2.0 TDI 184 FR DSG 5-dr – £19,329 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.