IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Mercedes is famed for many things, but low prices are not one of them. However, we’ve found discounts of nearly £10,000 on the CLS saloon and Shooting Brake.
The Mercedes CLS is a supremely comfortable luxury car that offers a great sense of occasion, thanks to its sleek silhouette and plush interior. Yes, Mercedes purchase prices are high, but we’ve found 20% discounts on this upmarket car, which makes it much more affordable.
With powerful yet efficient and refined engines, imposing styling and impressive safety features, the CLS makes a strong case for its large price tag. Equipment levels are high, even for the entry-level model, so you truly get a sense that you are driving a luxury machine.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Mercedes CLS
Sleek Mercedes Benz CLS for just £38,124
Despite its list price of more than £47,000, you can find the Mercedes CLS250 CDI for just £38,124 following a £9,301 discount. This model includes all the equipment you could want, with standard metallic paint, a digital radio, powerful xenon headlights, parking sensors and park assist to steer you into parking spaces.
With a slick automatic gearbox, leather seats and comfort-oriented suspension, this machine should shrink even the longest of journeys. Thanks to its strong diesel engine, it can accelerate to 62mph in just 7.5 seconds, while claimed fuel economy is a very impressive 54.3mpg.
Save £9,610 on powerful Mercedes Benz CLS350 CDI
The CLS350 CDI shares the same equipment as the CLS250 CDI above, but adds a more powerful diesel engine. With a responsive automatic gearbox, the CLS350 CDI sprints to 62mph in an impressive 6.2 seconds, while claimed economy is still good, at 46.3mpg.
Following a discount of £9,610, this CLS is available for £41,405.
Mercedes Benz CLS diesel estate for under £40,000
If you’re looking for an enormous estate for trips to the tip, this is not it. Mercedes’ CLS Shooting Brake (i.e. estate) is a car that majors on style over space, although it does offer added practicality over the sleeker saloon.
The Shooting Brake shares the saloon’s sumptuous interior, but gives you the opportunity to transport posh pooches in the boot or flip the rear seats down to lug around larger loads. This model is available for £39,731 – saving you £9,479 on the list price.
Hot Car Deals:
- Mercedes CLS250 CDI auto – £38,124 at Carfile
- Mercedes CLS350 CDI auto – £41,405 at Carfile
- Mercedes CLS250 CDI Shooting Brake auto – £39,731 at Carfile
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.