Which? researchers have tried out the most popular epilators on the market, to help take the sting out of finding the right one for you.
We asked several of our brave researchers to try out 11 of the best-selling epilators and report back. While some left skin smooth with minimal pain, others left prickly patches and made their eyes water.
To find out which epilators get our vote, see our full first look epilator reviews.
Choosing the best epilator
Choosing the right epilator to suit you very much depends on your own needs and preferences.
Some epilators come with different features and attachments to help make the experience more comfortable. And some epilators, like the cordless Braun Silk-épil 7 Skin Spa 7951, can be used on wet skin for extra comfort.
Others, like the Philips Satinelle HP6422, have fewer extra features, but are a little cheaper to buy.
Although epilating is never completely painless, our researchers felt that some models were far more comfortable to use than others. Find out which in our full first look epilator reviews.
Epilators could be a great Christmas present, but if you’re looking for something a little less painful, why not visit our Christmas hub for inspiration?
Epilator first look reviews
We sent our researchers home with 11 different epilators and asked them to give us their verdicts. They tried out the following epilators:
- Braun Silk-épil 7 Skin Spa 7951
- Braun Silk-épil 7 Wet and Dry 7181
- Braun Silk-épil 7 Wet and Dry 7681
- Braun Silk-épil 7 Wet and Dry 7381
- Panasonic ES-WD42 Wet and Dry
- Philips Satinelle HP6422
- Philips Satinelle HP6423
- Philips Satinelle HP6540
- Philips SatinPerfect HP6581
- Philips SatinPerfect HP6582
- Remington EP7030 Smooth and Silky
- Find out how to buy the best epilator
- Check out our electric shaver reviews
- See our men’s razor Best Buys