Are you looking for a buggy bargain? We’ve found the Mamas & Papas Sola on sale for just £199 – a whopping £130 cheaper than its RRP.
The Mamas & Papas Sola is an all-terrain pushchair with a reversible seat. The seat reclines far enough to be used for from birth to three years old, but if you want your newborn to lie fully flat, then it’s best to buy the Sola carrycot.
If you use your car a lot, then buying the Aton, Primo Viaggio or Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix car seat will turn the Sola into a travel system. Car seat adaptors are needed, and these can be purchased separately.
With all of these options plus adjustable back and leg rests, the Mamas & Papas Sola might sound like the ideal pushchair – but only our review can tell you how good it is in real life.
Recent Which? research found the Mamas & Papas Sola to be the second-most popular pushchair that we’ve reviewed – but popularity doesn’t always guarantee quality.
Check out our Mamas & Papas Sola review to find out how well the travel system handles different ground surfaces, how easy it is to fold and unfold, how much storage space there is for shopping, and plenty more besides.
Which? members can log in to read the review, but if you’re not a subscriber you can take out a £1 Which? trial to unlock this and all our other online content.
How Which? tests pushchairs
We spend over £70,000 every year testing pushchairs to ensure that you can buy the best pushchair for you, your baby and your lifestyle. Before writing each buggy review, we test:
- Safety and durability – Which? is the only pushchair review website to check that the models we test pass the safety and durability standards required by European law. In our labs we check pushchairs for choking hazards, finger, leg and arm traps, harness security and brake safety.
- Ease of use – ergonomics experts assess how easy it is to put the pushchair up and fold it down, how quickly a child will grow out of the pushchair, and how easy the buggy is to manoeuvre in and out of cars and on roads, pavements and public transport.
- Real-life experience – members of the Which? Parent and Baby panel put each buggy through its paces on our obstacle course, which includes pavements, bumpy ground and stairs. They then rate each pushchair on how easy it is to push, steer, fold, carry and adjust.
Pushchair deal of the week
The plum, plum petal and blue versions of the Mamas & Papas Sola have been reduced from £329 to £199 on the Mamas & Papas website. Mamas & Papas has also discounted the black and denim versions from £329 to £249 and the black spot design from £399 to £349.
You can currently save a further £40 on any Sola pushchair if you buy an Aton car seat at the same time.
Prices correct at 10am on Friday 10 January 2014.
- Decide what type of buggy is best for you with our pushchair chooser tool
- Already know what sort you want? Check out our pushchair reviews
- If you need a bit more advice, read our guide on how to buy the best pushchair