Hot Car Deal – £3,300 discount on Honda CivicSave 16% on this distinctive, practical hatchback
02 January 2013
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Honda is well known for making reliable, sensible cars. What it’s less known for is offering large discounts. However, we’ve found savings of more than £3,000 on the Civic online.
The Honda Civic will definitely appeal to your head with its decent practicality, safe handling and economical engines. And this model should appeal to your heart too, thanks to its funky styling. Honda don’t often offer discounts as large as many other companies, but we’ve sniffed out savings of more than £3,000 on the Civic 1.6 diesel.
The Civic makes a great family car thanks to its large boot and clever rear seats, which fold flat to extend the boot and the seat base flips up so you can stand taller loads behind the front seats. Combine this practicality with an economical diesel engine and the Civic is well worth considering.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Honda Civic
Save £3,209 on top choice diesel Honda Civic
Our favourite Honda Civic is the 1.6 i-DTEC ES as it combines a long list of equipment with good performance and impressive fuel economy. Official fuel economy is an extremely high 78.5mpg and the Civic can accelerate to 62mph in a reasonable 10.5 seconds. Following a discount of £3,209 this model is available for just £17,516.
As standard this model comes with dual zone climate control, cruise control with speed limiter and a rear view parking camera to make parking a breeze. Also included are automatic headlights and wipers and electrically folding door mirrors for squeezing through tight gaps.
Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC SE for just £16,343
If you’re looking for the most affordable Civic, the 1.6 i-DTEC SE is available for just £16,343 after a £3,177 discount. This model doesn’t skimp on kit either with standard 16-inch alloy wheels, climate control and Honda’s clever rear seats which flip up so you can stand tall items in the back.
£3,388 discount on well-equipped Honda Civic ES-T
The Civic ES-T has all the same equipment as the ES model and adds satnav and a Bluetooth handsfree phone connection for a £816 premium. With a discount of over £3,300 the price tumbles from £21,710 to just £18,332. Performance and economy match the models above so you’ll get a good combination of power and low fuel bills.
Hot Car Deals:
- Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC ES - £17,516
- Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC SE - £16,343
- Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC ES-T - £18,332
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.