Hot Car Deal – Get 25% off a Vauxhall MerivaSave more than £5,000 on this practical MPV
16 January 2014
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Vauxhall Meriva is a spacious and practical people carrier that makes a sensible family car. Prices are high – that is until you take into account the big discounts that are available. Shop around and you can find a well-equipped, brand new petrol model for under £11,000.
The Vauxhall Meriva's party trick is its rear-hinged doors, which open very wide and make it supremely easy to get children in and out of the back seats. Bigger and more practical than the previous Meriva, the latest model offers a wide range of engine choices, so you should be able to find a model that suits your needs.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Vauxhall Meriva
Save 26% on Vauxhall Meriva 1.4T  Exclusiv
Our favourite Meriva is the 1.4T  model, which is both strong enough to cart around a full complement of people and luggage and cheap enough at the petrol pumps. This Meriva officially returns 44.8mpg and can accelerate to 62mph in a brisk enough 10.1 seconds.
Following a discount of £4,975, you can find the Meriva 1.4T  Exclusiv for just £13,985. This model includes the Meriva’s clever rear opening back doors, air conditioning, a full complement of airbags, cruise control plus lights and a 12-volt socket for the rear seats.
Vauxhall Meriva 1.4 Tech Line [AC] for just £10,995
If you’re looking for the best value Meriva, the 1.4 Tech Line is hard to beat at just £10,995 thanks to a 20% discount. Despite the lowly price tag, this Meriva is packed with equipment including heated front seats, a heated leather steering wheel and front and rear parking sensors, to make negotiating tight spaces simple.
Rear passengers aren’t forgotten about either with electric rear windows and folding trays on the front seat backs. The 1.4-litre engine in this model officially returns a strong 47.1mpg, although it takes a leisurely 14.0 seconds to get to 62mph. So, if you’ll regularly carry heavy loads, you might want to consider one of the more powerful motors.
£5,452 discount on automatic diesel Vauxhall Meriva
For those who would prefer an automatic gearbox, the Meriva 1.7 CDTi  SE automatic is available for £16,323 after a 25% discount. Thanks to a panoramic glass roof the cabin feels bright and airy, and you also get storage trays under the front seats, folding trays on the front seat backs plus electric rear windows and 17-inch alloy wheels.
The automatic gearbox does, however, dent economy and performance, with a claimed fuel economy figure of 44.1mpg and a 0-62mph time of 13.9 seconds.
Hot Car Deals:
- Vauxhall Meriva 1.4T  Exclusiv - £13,985 at Nationwide Cars
- Vauxhall Meriva 1.4 Tech Line [AC] - £10,995 at Arnold Clark
- Vauxhall Meriva 1.7 CDTi  SE auto - £16,323 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.