Hot Car Deal – get £5,000 off Ford C-MaxSave up to 20% on this practical people carrier
23 January 2014
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Based on the popular Ford Focus, the C-Max can be pricey if you tick lots of boxes on the options list, but we’ve found discounts of nearly £5,000 that make it much better value.
The Ford C-Max is a usefully roomy people carrier that comes with either five and seven seats. Plump for the seven-seater Grand C-Max and you also get sliding rear doors for easy access to the rear two rows of seats.
With everything from turbocharged 1.0-litre petrol models to powerful larger diesel motors on offer and a wide range of specifications to choose from, you should be able to find a C-Max to suit your needs and budget. And large discounts available online make the C-Max a much more appealing purchase.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Ford C-Max
Save over £4,000 on our top choice Ford C-Max
Thanks to a saving of £4,073, our favourite C-Max, the 1.6 TDCI in plush Titanium specification, is available for just £16,522 at Nationwide Cars – a discount of 20%. This model is not only frugal with an official fuel economy figure of 62.8mpg, it has reasonable performance too - it's able to accelerate to 62mph in 11.3 seconds.
Titanium spec gives you cruise control, air con, a digital radio, 17-inch alloy wheels and automatic lights and windscreen wipers for effortless driving.
How does the C-Max fare on the road? Find out in our full review
£4,929 discount on top of the range Ford Grand C-Max 2.0 TDCI Titanium X
If you have a bigger budget and want seven seats, the Grand C-Max 2.0 TDCI Titanium X is available online for just £20,636, thanks to a discount of nearly £5,000 from Nationwide Cars. With a powerful 2.0-litre diesel engine under the bonnet, this Grand C-Max can accelerate to 62mph in 9.2 seconds, but still has an official fuel economy figure of over 55mpg.
Titanium X spec adds a panoramic glass roof with an electric sunblind, xenon headlights and heated front seats with part-leather trim. The driver’s seat also adjusts electrically for a sense of luxury.
20% saving on petrol Ford C-Max 1.0 125 Titanium
If you'd prefer a petrol model, you can also find a C-Max 1.0 125 Titanium online for just £15,995 from Perrys, ready for immediate delivery. The little 1.0-litre engine should be fairly economical with an official economy figure of 55.4mpg, and performance is not bad either, matching the 1.6-litre diesel above.
On top of the standard Titanium spec, this car comes with black metallic paint, an optional spare wheel and handy reversing sensors.
Hot Car Deals:
- Ford C-Max 1.6 TDCI Titanium - £16,522 at Nationwide Cars
- Ford Grand C-Max 2.0 TDCI Titanium X - £20,636 at Nationwide Cars
- Ford C-Max 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium - £15,995 at Perrys
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.