Hot Car Deal – huge discounts on Hyundai i40We’ve found 25% savings on this talented large car
30 January 2014
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Hyundai may have made its name selling cheap and cheerful models, but the company is now on the way upmarket with subsequently higher prices. Huge discounts are available on the i40 though.
If you’re looking for an accomplished large car, the Hyundai i40 might not be the most obvious choice, falling between popular models like the Ford Mondeo and premium alternatives like the BMW 3 Series. However, the i40 is a talented large car with a spacious interior and colossal boot. And thanks to substantial discounts, the i40 offers great value for money.
Not only does the i40 offer up a large amount of space, but you get an equally long list of standard equipment, especially if you plump for one of the pricier trim levels. With high levels of refinement, the i40 makes a competent motorway cruiser, and should be cheap to run with several frugal diesel engines to choose from.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Hyundai i40
Save £4,792 on top choice Hyundai i40 1.7 CRDI  Style
If you have around £17,000 to spend on a well-equipped large car you can get the keys to our favourite i40, the 1.7 CRDI  Style. This model has a frugal diesel motor under the bonnet, which officially returns 62.8mpg and powers the car to 62mph in 10.3 seconds. Thanks to a discount of £4,792 you can find this model online for just £16,918.
This i40 is packed with standard equipment including a touchscreen sat nav, reversing camera, front and rear parking sensors and electric driver’s seat.
One-year-old Hyundai i40 1.7 CRDI  Style for just £14,988
For those with a little less to spend, Arnold Clark is advertising an i40 1.7 CRDI  Style for £14,988 – a further saving of nearly £2,000 over the model above. This car also has metallic paint and, although it is a year old, it has just 5,490 miles on the clock, so it should look and feel like new.
£7,336 discount on top of the range Hyundai i40 Tourer
With an enormous discount of 25% on the list price, you can find the i40 Tourer 1.7 CRDI  Premium SE automatic for just £22,004. While the automatic gearbox on this car dents both economy and performance, with official economy dropping to 47.1mpg and the 0-62mph sprint taking 12.0 seconds, this model has all the equipment you could ever want.
Standard features include heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, remote tailgate opening, plus a panoramic sunroof. Leather upholstery, electric front seats and powerful xenon headlights, which swivel as you turn the wheel, are also standard.
Hot Car Deals:
- Hyundai i40 1.7 CRDi  Blue Drive Style - £16,918 at Nationwide Cars
- Hyundai i40 1.7 CRDI  Blue Drive Style - £14,988 at Arnold Clark
- Hyundai i40 Tourer 1.7 CRDI  Premium SE auto - £22,004 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.