IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Peugeot 208 is a good value alternative to popular models, such as the Ford Fiesta and Vauxhall Corsa. Take discounts of over 20% into account and the 208 is well worth considering if you’re on a budget.
The Peugeot 208 is a chic hatchback that’s roomy and refined yet usefully compact, too, making it easy drive around town. With lots of high-tech equipment for and a striking interior, the 208 has plenty of appeal. What makes the 208 unique though, is its shrunken steering wheel – which some love and others find a pain as it can obscure the dash dials.
The 208 has shrunk since its last incarnation but still manages to offer a good amount of space for people and luggage. A wide range of engines are also available, so whether you’re looking for an affordable 1.0-litre city runabout or a feisty hot hatchback with 200bhp stuffed under the bonnet, you should be able to find a 208 to suit.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Peugeot 208
Save £2,771 on top choice Peugeot 208 1.2 VTi Active 5dr
Our favourite 208 is the 1.2 VTi Active, which offers a lot of equipment for its small price tag. And following a 21% discount, the price for this 208 shrinks to just £10,469 – a saving of £2,771.
With a perky but economical 1.2-litre engine under the bonnet, this 208 also works well on the road, accelerating to 62mph in 12.2 seconds but still returning official fuel economy of 62.8mpg. Standard kit includes six airbags, cruise control, a digital radio, air conditioning and a 7-inch touchscreen for most of the controls.
Five-door Peugeot 208 1.0 VTi Access for just £8,898
If you’ve got a little less to spend and want the best value for money 208, look no further than the 208 1.0 VTi Access 5dr. For safely under £9,000 thanks to a saving of £1,642, you can buy a five-door model with six airbags, cruise control with a speed limiter function, remote central locking and electric front windows.
Even though the engine is just 1.0-litres in size, it feels enthusiastic and pulls well enough around town. With an official fuel economy figure of 65.7mpg, fuel bills should be affordable too.
Save 23% on top of the range petrol and diesel Peugeot 208s
Following a whopping discount of £4,267, we found the 208 1.6 e-HDi 115 Feline [satnav] 5dr for just £14,173. Despite the low price tag, this model is stuffed with equipment including satnav, a digital radio, automatic lights and wipers, a panoramic glass roof and half leather sports seats.
With a strong diesel engine under the bonnet, this model returns an impressive claimed fuel economy figure of 74.3mpg and accelerates to 62mph in a sprightly 9.7 seconds. You can save a further £1,000 by picking the petrol 1.6 VTi Feline, which is just as well equipped.
Hot Car Deals:
- Peugeot 208 1.2 VTi Active 5dr – £10,469
- Peugeot 208 1.0 VTi Access 5dr – £8,898
- Peugeot 208 1.6 e-HDi 115 Feline [satnav] 5dr – £14,173
- Peugeot 208 1.6 VTi Feline [satnav] 5dr – £13,105
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.