IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The new 2014 Nissan Qashqai has barely touched down in showrooms, but we’ve already found discounts of up to £4,500 to sweeten the deal.
The first-generation Nissan Qashqai was a runaway success for Nissan, blending sturdy off-roader styling with medium hatchback running costs and tidy handling. It might have taken Nissan seven years to ready a new Qashqai, but the latest model looks much more striking than its predecessor – both inside and out.
With everything from affordable two-wheel-drive petrol models to high-spec four-wheel-drive diesels, buyers have plenty of Qashqais to choose from. Performance and fuel economy are competitive and, thanks to its handsome new look, the new Qashqai looks set to remain one of the UK’s top-selling cars.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full first drive of the Nissan Qashqai
Top choice Nissan Qashqai 1.5 diesel for just £17,017
The 1.5-litre diesel is easily the best all-rounder in the Qashqai range, with excellent fuel economy of 74.3mpg (claimed) and low enough CO2 emissions for free car tax. Performance is reasonable too, with the Qashqai 1.5 accelerating to 62mph in 11.9 seconds. Thanks to a discount of more than £2,200, this model is available for just £17,017.
This model includes family-friendly automatic door locking when you pull away, Bluetooth phone connectivity, front and rear electric windows, electric heated door mirrors, cruise control and air conditioning. However, you’ll have to pay more for alloy wheels.
£3,357 off petrol Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Acenta Premium
For just £500 more than the model mentioned above you could get the petrol-engined Qashqai 1.2 in plush Acenta Premium trim. Its small engine has a turbocharger, which means this model can easily keep up with traffic. Acceleration to 62mph takes 10.9 seconds and claimed fuel economy is 50.4mpg.
Acenta Premium trim includes luxuries such as a touchscreen sat nav, a panoramic glass sunroof, a colour reversing camera, front and rear parking sensors and a digital radio. You also get electric folding door mirrors for squeezing through tiny gaps around town. Following a 16% discount, this model is available for just £17,583.
Save £4,496 on top-spec 4WD Nissan Qashqai
If you’ve got more to spend and want even more equipment for your money, look no further than the Qashqai 1.6 dCi Tekna 4WD; it’s available online for just £23,294. With a strong diesel engine and four-wheel drive, this Qashqai should be able to cope with slippery winter conditions.
You get all the same equipment as the model above, plus a heated windscreen, powerful LED headlights, colour front, side and rear cameras for easy parking, and an electrically adjustable driver’s seat. Also included are 19-inch alloy wheels, leather upholstery and a host of safety equipment. This model returns ‘official’ fuel economy of 57.6mpg and sprints to 62mph in 10.5 seconds.
Hot Car Deals:
- Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dCi Visia – £17,017
- Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium – £17,583
- Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dCi Tekna 4WD – £23,294
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.