IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Toyota Avensis is a sensible and practical large car. While it may not set your heart on fire, it should be easy to live with and you can find substantial discounts online.
Toyota is famed for producing sturdy, sensible machines and the Toyota Avensis is just that. You might not recognise the name, but the Avensis is both practical and comfortable and lives up to Toyota’s reputation for reliability. The car has a large boot and reasonably spacious interior, providing plenty of space for both people and luggage.
The Avensis offers the security of an impressive five-star crash test rating and powerful brakes too. With several efficient petrol and diesel engines to choose from, this car offers a relatively smooth ride and handles corners quite well, even though it’s not the most exciting car to drive.
Diesel Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Active for just £15,958
For less than £16,000 you can get yourself the keys to a Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Active, thanks to a discount of over £4,000. This Avensis officially returns a strong fuel economy figure of 62.8mpg, plus good performance – it’ll reach 62mph in under 10 seconds.
Entry level Active specification means you miss out on alloy wheels, but you do still get air conditioning, a CD player with iPod connectivity and Bluetooth, plus electric, heated wing mirrors.
Save 20% on well-equipped Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D Icon+
If you’ve got a little more to spend, the Avensis 2.2 D-4D Icon+ could be yours for under £20,000 – a saving of £5,067. This model comes with 17-inch alloy wheels, a digital radio, leather and suede seats and a rear view camera to make reversing simple. You also get cruise control and automatic lights and wipers.
Fuel bills should be inexpensive too with an official fuel economy figure of 52.3mpg. This Avensis has a powerful diesel engine, so it can sprint to 62mph in 8.9 seconds and it should cope easily with heavy loads.
£6,588 discount on automatic diesel Toyota Avensis Tourer
If you prefer an automatic gearbox and want more space, look no further than the Toyota Avensis Tourer estate. It has a bigger boot than the hatchback and we found an enormous discount of nearly £6,600 on a 2.2 D-Cat Excel model, taking the price down to £24,477.
This top of the range model is packed with equipment including a rear view camera, panoramic glass roof, satnav, electric, heated front seats and leather upholstery. The headlights also swivel as you turn the steering wheel, giving you a better view of the road ahead.
Hot Car Deals:
- Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Active – £15,958 at Discounted New Cars
- Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D Icon+ – £19,988 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota Avensis Tourer 2.2 D-CAT Excel auto [safety pack] – £24,477 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.