IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Citroen’s Grand C4 Picasso has barely been on sale for a month, but we’ve already found huge discounts online. With prices from under £15,000 the Grand C4 Picasso is a lot of car for the money.
If you’re looking for the maximum space for the minimum price in a people carrier, the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso makes a good claim for your money. Though list prices are quite high, savings of more than 20% make this MPV much better value. With a spacious seven-seat interior and lots of glass to brighten up the interior, the C4 Grand Picasso is a pleasant car to travel in.
The two rearmost seats are quite usable for this size of people carrier with very good access, while the three middle seats all have Isofix mountings for child seats and all three slide, recline and fold forward independently. Economical diesel engines mean that fuel bills should be low too.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full first drive review of the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso
22% discount on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi 115
Our favourite Grand C4 Picasso is the 1.6 e-HDi 115 in VTR+ specification. Thanks to a discount of nearly £5,000 this car is available online for just £16,996. Despite the reasonable price tag, the standard equipment list is long with a digital radio, dual zone air conditioning and rear parking sensors all included.
You also get aircraft style tables in the two front seat backs, electric folding wing mirrors for squeezing through tight gaps and automatic lights and wipers. With a 1.6-litre diesel engine under the bonnet this Grand C4 Picasso officially returns 70.6mpg and can accelerate to 62mph in 12.1 seconds.
Save £6,105 on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 2.0 BlueHDi
For those with a bit more to spend, we’ve found a saving of over £6,000 on the 2.0 BlueHDi Exclusive+, slashing the price to £20,695. This top of the range model has lots of useful features including a motorised tailgate, air vents for the middle and rear seats, plus front and rear parking sensors with a reversing camera.
Other equipment includes satnav and a panoramic glass sunroof, plus a front passenger seat with massage function and electric footrest. This model has a strong 2.0-litre motor under the bonnet, which returns an impressive official fuel economy figure of 65.7mpg, but can still canter to 62mph in a sprightly 9.8 seconds.
Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 VTi for just £14,639
If you don’t cover many miles and would prefer a petrol model, you can find the 1.6 VTi VTR for just £14,639 – saving you £4,366 off the list price.
Though this is the most affordable Grand C4 Picasso available, standard equipment still includes a panoramic windscreen, aircon, cruise control and a full raft of airbags. This petrol model returns an official fuel economy figure of 44.8mpg and can accelerate to 62mph in 12.6 seconds.
Hot Car Deals:
- Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 e-HDi 115 AirDream VTR+ – £16,996
- Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 2.0 BlueHDi Exclusive+ – £20,695
- Citroen Grand C4 Picasso 1.6 VTi VTR – £14,639
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.