IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Renault Scenic may be more costly to run than some other people carriers, but huge discounts make this practical car affordable to buy.
People carriers are all about providing the greatest amount of space in the smallest possible footprint, and this is where the Renault Scenic excels. Available in both five-seat and seven-seat Grand Scenic forms, this Renault is available with a strong range of petrol and diesel engines, plus a long list of standard equipment.
Not only does the Scenic have a spacious interior, there’s tons of room in the boot as well. And you don’t have to worry about travelling light; most of the engines are turbocharged, which givies a good spread of power for easy overtaking and lugging heavy loads.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Renault Scenic
£4,697 discount on diesel Renault Scenic 1.6 dCi
For the best blend of fuel economy and power, we’d go for the Renault Scenic 1.6 dCi. This model returns an impressive claimed fuel economy figure of 64.2mpg and accelerates to 62mph in just 10.3 seconds. Thanks to a huge 21% discount, it’s available for just £17,443.
The list of standard equipment is long, with dual-zone climate control, automatic headlights/wipers and cruise control all included. You also get a TomTom sat nav system, plus no fewer than eight airbags dotted around the cabin. Family-friendly features include flip-up tables on the front seatbacks, sunblinds on the rear seats and a small mirror for the driver to keep an eye on children in the back.
Renault Scenic 1.2 TCE 130 for just £16,265
If you’d prefer a petrol model with the same equipment, you can save yourself £1,200 by going for the Scenic 1.2 TCE 130. Following a discount of more than £4,100, you can find this model online for £16,265.
Although the 1.2-litre engine is small, performance is relatively strong; acceleration to 62mph takes 11.4 seconds. Fuel bills should be reasonable, too – claimed economy is 45.6mpg.
Save 25% on Renault Scenic 1.6 Dynamique TomTom
For those on a tighter budget, we’ve found a huge £4,815 discount on the Scenic 1.6 Dynamique TomTom. This model is just as well equipped as the cars above, with sat nav, automatic lights/wipers and climate control all standard.
Just one car is available and this includes metallic black paint. This model has an older 1.6-litre petrol engine, which isn’t hugely efficient (38.2mpg claimed). However, acceleration is adequate, with the car reaching the 62mph benchmark in 11.7 seconds.
Hot Car Deals:
- Renault Scenic 1.6 dCi Dynamique TomTom – £17,443 at Nationwide Cars
- Renault Scenic 1.2 TCE 130 Dynamique TomTom – £16,265 at Nationwide Cars
- Renault Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique TomTom – £14,495 at Perrys
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.