IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Discounts on 4x4s often shrink during winter when roads are slippery, but we’ve found discounts of nearly £5,000 on the Toyota RAV4.
If you’re looking to buy an off-roader, the best time to bag a bargain is at the start of summer, when everyone is thinking about exotic holidays and barbecues – and gloomy winters are the last thing on their mind. Despite that, we’ve managed to find big discounts on the practical Toyota RAV4 with a little searching online.
The RAV4 is a fully-fledged family car with a spacious interior and a little added off-road ability. Thanks to Toyota’s good reputation for reliability and five-year, 100,000-mile warranty, the RAV4 makes a wise purchase. With the choice of petrol and diesel engines, manual and automatic gearboxes and two- or four-wheel drive, you’re sure to find a RAV4 to suit.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Toyota RAV4
Save £4,022 on top choice Toyota RAV4 2.0D Icon
If you can do without four-wheel drive, our favourite RAV4 is the 2.0D Icon. For just £20,618, you get a strong diesel motor under the bonnet and a long list of equipment. Fuel bills should be low, with claimed fuel economy of 57.6mpg, while performance is reasonable – acceleration to 62mph takes 9.9 seconds.
The long list of standard equipment includes an automatic tailgate that opens and closes at the flick of a switch, electric folding door mirrors, dual-zone air conditioning, a digital radio and Bluetooth so you can connect your phone to the car. You also get automatic headlights and wipers, plus a rear-view camera to make parking easier.
£4,688 discount on 4WD Toyota RAV4 2.2D Invincible
For those who want the extra traction of four-wheel drive, we’ve found a saving of £4,688 on the top-of-the-range RAV4 2.2D Invincible – dropping the price to just over £24,000. This model has a lusty diesel engine under the bonnet that propels it to 62mph in 9.6 seconds. Claimed fuel economy is 49.6mpg.
Standard equipment includes sat nav, digital radio, full leather trim, heated front seats and an electric driver’s seat, rear parking sensors and a rear-view camera.
Brand new Toyota RAV4 2.0D Active for £20,054
If you’ve got less to spend and don’t need so much equipment, you can get the RAV4 2.0D Active for just over £20,000. With Toyota’s 2.0-litre diesel engine under the bonnet, performance and economy matches the 2.0D Icon above.
Despite being the most affordable RAV4, you still get air conditioning, Bluetooth and USB/AUX inputs to plug in your phone or MP3 player.
Hot Car Deals:
- Toyota RAV4 2.0D Icon 2WD – £20,618 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota RAV4 2.2D Invincible 4WD [nav] – £24,062 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota RAV4 2.0D Active 2WD – £20,054 at Carfile
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.