IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Vauxhall Mokka is one of the UK’s cheapest 4x4s. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t find large discounts if you shop around online, taking the starting price down to less than £15,000.
Most 4x4s aren’t particularly affordable – apart from the Dacia Duster, which we branded a Don’t Buy for its below-par safety score. However, you can find a new Vauxhall Mokka online for less than £15,000 and, unlike the Dacia, the Mokka scored a very impressive five-star safety rating in Euro NCAP crash tests. All Mokkas come with a long list of standard equipment, including stability control, hill-start assist, six airbags and a digital radio.
The Mokka is available in economical front-wheel-drive form and with four-wheel drive for gentle off-roading and slippery surfaces. We found the diesel Mokka very noisy and unrefined, so we’d recommend going for one of the fuel-efficient petrol models.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full first drive review of the Vauxhall Mokka
Top choice Vauxhall Mokka 1.4T for just over £15,000
Our favourite Mokka is the 1.4T Exclusiv. Thanks to a substantial discount of £3,278, we’ve found this car online for just £15,261. With a turbocharged petrol engine under the bonnet, the Mokka accelerates to 62mph in a sprightly 9.3 seconds. Fuel bills should be reasonable too, with claimed fuel economy of 47.1mpg.
Even in entry-level Exclusiv specification, you still get hill-start assist to help you pull away smoothly on slopes, a digital radio, Bluetooth for connecting your phone to the car, cruise control, plus automatic headlights and wipers. Also included are electric folding door mirrors for negotiating tight city streets as well as front and rear parking sensors.
Save £4,118 on 4WD Vauxhall Mokka 1.4T SE
If you hope to venture off-road, a little extra will get you a four-wheel-drive Mokka. Claimed fuel economy lags only slightly behind the two-wheel-drive model, at 44.1mpg. Acceleration is also virtually identical.
In top specification SE trim, the Mokka 1.4T could be yours for £18,606 following a £4,118 discount. This car has all the same equipment as the model above, plus leather upholstery, heated front sports seats and a heated steering wheel for warming your hands on cold winter mornings.
Brand new petrol Vauxhall Mokka for just £14,495
For those with a little less to spend, we’ve found a Mokka 1.6 Exclusiv with delivery mileage for just £14,495 – a saving of £3,334. Just like the 1.4T Exclusiv above, this model comes with automatic headlights and wipers, cruise control and a digital radio. Parking sensors, a trip computer and front and rear parking sensors are included, too.
With a 1.6-litre petrol engine under the bonnet, this Mokka accelerates to 62mph in 11.9 seconds and, according to Vauxhall, returns 43.5mpg.
Hot Car Deals:
- Vauxhall Mokka 1.4T Exclusiv – £15,261 at Nationwide Cars
- Vauxhall Mokka 1.4T SE 4WD – £18,606 at Nationwide Cars
- Vauxhall Mokka 1.6 VVT Exclusiv Start/Stop – £14,495 at Arnold Clark
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.