Which? Best Buy cabin luggage revealedAntler, John Lewis and Samsonite suitcases tested
28 February 2014
Looking for the best luggage for your next holiday? We've tested 14 small suitcases to add to our growing list of over 27 online hand luggage reviews, including four Best Buy suitcases, all receiving an excellent test score of over 81%.
Our latest reviews include big name luggage manufacturers such as Antler, Samsonite and Tripp, as well as other own brand luggage from Tesco, John Lewis and Marks and Spencer. After putting the suitcases through their paces in our rigorous testing we have two new additions to our coveted list of Best Buy suitcases.
When it comes to quality, suitcases don’t come much more robust than our latest Best Buys. Both coped admirably with our barrage of durability tests and they impressed our testers when it came to ease of use too. To find out more, check out our Best Buy cabin luggage reviews.
Hard and soft hand luggage
We’ve reviewed hard sided suitcases and soft sided suitcases from the biggest luggage manufacturers Samsonite and Antler. Our latest test includes the new Samsonite Cosmolite Spinner 55cm suitcase. This is an updated version of the previous Best Buy of the same name. Made from the impact-resistant material ice hockey skates use and weighing just 1.8kg, on paper it’s an attractive option. But how did it fare in our tests?
All of the hand luggage that we test is put through a series of gruelling tests. We test durability on an obstacle-studded roller belt, drop the cases from a height to see how susceptible they are to damage, and we subject hand luggage to a simulated heavy downpour to test water resistance. Watch our video to find out more about how we test luggage.
Which? members can log in to find out how these suitcases have fared in our tests. But if you’re not a member yet, you can still discover which suitcases have done well in our tests by signing up for a £1 trial and getting instant access to all of our product reviews.
Luggage reviews online
- Antler Juno Cabin Suitcase
- Antler Prospero Cabin Suitcase
- Antler Sterling Cabin Suitcase
- Briggs & Riley Baseline Carry-On 4-Wheel Cabin Spinner Suitcase
- Flylite Foldaway Wheeled Cabin Holdall
- John Lewis London II 2-Wheel Cabin Suitcase
- John Lewis Verona
- Marks & Spencer Longhaul Ultra Light
- Samsonite Cosmolite Spinner 55cm
- Samsonite Fold@Way Upright 55cm
- Samsonite New Spark Upright 50cm
- Tesco 2-Wheel Suitcase, Small
- Tripp Glide Lite II 4-Wheel Cabin Suitcase
- Tripp Star Lite 4-Wheel Cabin Suitcase
- Which? advice on choosing and buying the best luggage
- Find out the best suitcases for your next holiday with our Which? luggage reviews
- Before booking your flights, find out how your airline fared in our airlines survey