Hot Car Deal – Save £3,921 on Toyota AurisBig discounts on petrol, diesel and hybrid models
27 March 2014
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Toyota Auris may not the most exciting car on the road, but it is good value, easy to drive and comes with a five-year warranty and Toyota’s strong reputation for reliability for added peace of mind.
The Toyota Auris is a comfortable, well-priced hatchback that should prove reliable to live with. Unusually buyers have the choice of petrol, diesel and hybrid models. Depending on the amount and type of driving you do, any of these could be the best value option for you.
We’ve found in our thorough lab testing that hybrids are often the most economical option around town, while diesels perform better at higher speeds. Small petrol models are often the cheapest to buy, so could be the most sensible option if you don’t cover many miles.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test reviews with detailed fuel economy figures
Diesel Toyota Auris 1.4 D-4D Active for just £13,439
If you’re looking for good value, the diesel Auris 1.4 D-4D Active could be a good option at just £13,439 – thanks to a discount of 16%. This economical model has an impressive claimed fuel economy figure of 74.3mpg, so fuel bills should be inexpensive and CO2 emissions are low enough for free car tax.
Active is the most basic trim level, but it provides air conditioning, seven airbags, hill start assist, electric heated door mirrors and USB and auxiliary input ports.
£2,834 discount on petrol Toyota Auris 1.6 Icon
If you’d prefer a petrol Auris and more equipment, we’ve found the Auris 1.6 Icon online for just £14,736 – saving you £2,834. With a 1.6-litre petrol engine under the bonnet, this Auris can accelerate to 62mph in a brisk 10.0 seconds; while fuel economy remains reasonable at 47.9mpg.
This Icon model has a long list of standard kit including a digital radio, Bluetooth and a touchscreen multimedia system with a rearview parking camera. You also get 16-inch alloy wheels.
Save £3,921 on hybrid Toyota Auris 1.8 Excel
You can find even larger discounts on the hybrid Auris if you shop around online. Thanks to a discount of £3,921 you could put an Auris 1.8 Hybrid Excel on your drive for just £18,169. With an electric motor in addition to the petrol engine, and an automatic gearbox, this car should be a doddle to drive around town.
In hybrid form the Auris has a claimed fuel economy figure of 72.4mpg and it can accelerate to 62mph in a reasonable 10.9 seconds. CO2 emissions are also low enough for free car tax.
Hot Car Deals:
- Toyota Auris 1.4 D-4D Active - £13,439 at Discounted New Cars
- Toyota Auris 1.6 V-Matic Icon - £14,736 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota Auris 1.8 VVTI Hybrid Excel CVT auto - £18,169 at Nationwide Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.