IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Seat’s Ibiza is a stylish supermini that makes a good value alternative to the popular Volkswagen Polo. With lots of standard equipment and hefty discounts available online, the Ibiza is a sensible buy.
The Seat Ibiza is a chic small hatchback with a hefty serving of style for the heart, plus a practical cabin and boot for the head. The Ibiza offers safe and engaging handling and strong crash protection. Buyers can also choose from a wide range of strong Volkswagen engines, from 1.2-litre petrol and diesel motors to a turbocharged hot hatchback version and a powerful 2.0-litre diesel.
There’s a sleek three door ‘coupe’ version, a sensible five-door hatchback and an estate with an very large boot, so you should be able to find a version to suit your needs. The Ibiza is comfortable and has a nicely designed interior with lots of high-quality materials.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full lab test review of the Seat Ibiza
Top choice diesel Seat Ibiza with 23% discount
Our favourite Ibiza is the 1.6 TDI CR FR five-door as it offers good combination of performance, fuel economy and equipment. This model returns an impressive 65.7mpg (claimed) and can accelerate to 62mph in 10.5 seconds, so it should be able to cope with a full load of passengers and luggage.
Standard equipment on this FR model includes satellite navigation, Bluetooth connectivity for your phone and cruise control. You also get some sporty details, including slick 16-inch alloy wheels, sports seats and slightly firmer sports suspension. After a discount of nearly £3,700 from Nationwide Cars, you can find this Ibiza online for just £12,569.
Save £3,208 on petrol Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR
Following a 22% discount, you can find the Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR five-door online for just £11,307. This petrol model has a turbocharged motor that’s both speedy and economical, accelerating to 62mph in 9.8 seconds and returning 55.4mpg (claimed).
In FR specification, this Ibiza has all the same equipment as the car above, including satellite navigation, Bluetooth, sports seats and firmer sports suspension.
New Seat Ibiza 1.2 E for just £7,916
If you have a little less to spend, we’ve found a brand new Ibiza 1.2 E for just £7,916 – saving you £2,224 on the list price.
This affordable model does without air conditioning and has 14-inch steel wheels, but comes with a folding rear seat back, height adjustable driver’s seat and a CD player with an audio input for plugging in your MP3 player.
Hot Car Deals:
- Seat Ibiza 1.6 TDI CR FR 5dr – £12,569
- Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR 5dr – £11,307
- Seat Ibiza 1.2 E 3dr – £7,916
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.