IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The Toyota Verso is a sensible compact seven-seater MPV. Throw in discounts of up to 18% and this car makes even more sense – especially considering its long list of standard equipment.
The second generation Toyota Verso is a solid and versatile people carrier, which manages to squeeze seven seats into a relatively short footprint. Although there’s plenty of room for five passengers in the Verso, the rearmost seats are only really suitable for small children. But if you think of the Verso as a five-seater with a large boot and two occasional seats, makes a sound buy.
The Verso has a sturdy interior, and it’s both safe and comfortable to drive. Toyota also has a reputation for sound reliability.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Toyota Verso and see how it fares in the latest Which? Car Survey
Save 16% on top choice Toyota Verso 2.0 D-4D Icon
Our favourite Verso is the 2.0 D-4D Icon, as it provides a good blend of economy and performance – plus lots of standard equipment. Thanks to a discount of £3,513 this model is available for just £17,877. This 2.0-litre model returns a claimed fuel economy figure of 57.6mpg and the car can accelerate to 62mpg in a reasonable 11.3 seconds.
Icon trim includes a reverse parking camera, digital radio, dual zone air conditioning, cruise control and seat-back tables for the middle row. Also standard is Bluetooth for connecting your phone to the car, along with a touchscreen multimedia system.
Toyota Verso 1.6 V-Matic Active for just £15,187
If you don’t cover many miles, the petrol 1.6 V-Matic Active could be yours for just £15,187 – saving you 16% on the list price. Economy and performance for this petrol model are reasonable with a claimed 42.8mpg and 0-62mph time of 11.7 seconds.
Standard equipment includes fog lights, air conditioning, a height adjustable driver’s seat and audio controls on the steering wheel. With a USB and auxiliary audio connection, you can also play music from your phone or MP3 player through the car’s speakers.
Save £4,344 on brand new Toyota Verso 1.6 D-4D Excel
Following an 18% discount the Verso 1.6 D-4D Excel is available for £19,599. This model officially returns 62.0mpg so fuel bills should be low, and it can accelerate to 62mph in a reasonable 12.7 seconds.
Excel trim is packed with equipment, including 17-inch graphite colour alloy wheels, powerful xenon headlights, automatic lights and wipers, plus part leather seats and rear window sunshades.
Hot Car Deals:
- Toyota Verso 2.0 D-4D Icon – £17,877 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota Verso 1.6 V-Matic Active – £15,187 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota Verso 1.6 D-4D Excel – £19,599 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.