IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
The seven-seater Volkswagen Touran is a sensible people carrier, but prices are high. Shop around online, though, and large discounts make it a much more enticing proposition.
While you have to dig deeper into your pockets to get seven seats in many people carriers, the VW Touran has space for seven passengers as standard. Drop the two rearmost seats and you also have an enormous boot. With a five-star crash test rating, the Touran is a very sensible purchase.
The Touran is easy to drive and park thanks to its light steering and good all-round visibility. The car should also be cheap to fuel with several economical diesel engines available. Prices are high, though large discounts online make the Touran a much more appealing car.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Volkswagen Touran
Save 17% on frugal diesel Volkswagen Touran 1.6 TDI 105
Our favourite Touran model is the 1.6-litre diesel model. This engine provides a reasonable dose of power but also returns an impressive official fuel economy figure of 61.4mpg. Expect slightly sluggish acceleration with a full load though, as the car takes a lengthy 12.8 seconds to get to 62mph.
Standard equipment on the 1.6 TDI 105 S includes seven individual seats which can all be adjusted and folded separately, air conditioning, a digital radio, cruise control and hill hold, which holds the brakes while you make hill starts. Thanks to a discount of £3,663, this car is available for just £17,527.
£4,829 discount on automatic Volkswagen Touran 2.0 TDI DSG
If you’d prefer an automatic and need a bit more punch to cope with heavy loads, the 2.0 TDI DSG could work for you. With a strong 2.0-litre motor under the bonnet, this Touran can accelerate to 62mph in just 9.9 seconds but still returns claimed fuel economy of 54.3mpg. Following a discount of £4,829 this car is available for just £22,926.
In Sport form you also get front sports seats, front fog lights, climate control, automatic wipers and a touchscreen display for the digital radio and 6CD autochanger, plus connectivity for your MP3 player. The car additionally has Bluetooth so you can make hands free phone calls. With parking sensors front and rear, this Touran should be very easy to park.
Save £6,842 on nearly new Volkswagen Touran 1.6 TDI 105 SE
For those who want the best value option, we’ve found a nearly new Touran with just 3,077 miles on the clock for just £16,988 – saving you a substantial 29% on the list price. At under a year old, this car is barely run in, though you save nearly £7,000 on the car’s price when new.
This metallic black model includes parking sensors front and rear, Bluetooth connectivity, automatic wipers, storage trays under the front seats, aircraft style trays on the front seat backs and 16-inch alloy wheels.
Hot Car Deals:
- Volkswagen Touran 1.6 TDI 105 BlueMotion Tech S – £17,527
- Volkswagen Touran 2.0 TDI BlueMotion Tech Sport DSG – £22,926
- Volkswagen Touran 1.6 TDI 105 BlueMotion Tech SE – £16,988
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.