Revealed: five new buggies for spring 2014We look at popular pushchair brands’ new models
27 March 2014
Babystyle, iCandy, Recaro, Phil and Teds and eco company Greentom are all launching brand new pushchairs over the next few months. But will the new models be any better than their predecessors?
When you buy a pushchair it’s important that you choose the best one for your lifestyle. Ideally, you should start by deciding which type of pushchair you want - buggy, travel system or all-terrain. We’ve developed a handy pushchair choosing tool which will help you decide.
Then, once you’ve made your decision, you can check out our pushchair reviews to find the best buggy for you and your baby.
Buggy releases in spring/summer 2014
Several of the biggest brands in pushchairs are launching new models this season. You can check out what they look like in this gallery and then find out more about each model by scrolling down.
1. Babystyle Imp, £129
You can use this stroller from birth, it has a push-button folding mechanism and should be in shops from May. According to Babystyle, it has:
- A fully reclining seat, so it can be used for newborns
- A fairly light weight (7.1kg)
- A central handle to make it easier to carry when folded
2. Recaro Easylife, £190
This pushchair is at final prototype stage and is due to hit shops early this summer. Recaro says the Easylife will have:
- An innovative one-handed folding system
- Large wheels with spring-loaded suspension for a smooth ride, even on snow
- A very light weight of 5.9kg
3. iCandy Raspberry, £420
A lightweight urban travel system, the iCandy Raspberry should be available in shops this summer (watch out for our first look review, coming soon). iCandy says the pushchair will have:
- A big shopping basket which can hold up to 5kg, plus an additional ‘storage capsule’ taking up to 1kg
- Lie-flat (for newborns), rearward or forward-facing positions
- Stands up when folded, to make storing the pushchair easier
4. Phil and Teds Smart Lux, £349
Phil and Teds describes its latest compact stroller as offering ‘luxury on air’. It’s in the shops now and has:
- Air-filled tyres and four-wheel suspension for a smooth ride on all terrains
- Luxurious styling, with plush seat fabric and a leather-look bumper bar
- Large 5kg shopping basket
5. Greentom Upp, approx. £221
Greentom claims this distinctive-looking pushchair is ‘the planet’s greenest stroller’. It’s only available to buy from the Netherlands-based manufacturer right now but it can be shipped to the UK (our price is based on converting the EUR249 selling price and estimated EUR16.50 London shipping fee into pounds). Its main selling points are:
- Completely made from recycled plastic and it can be recycled again when no longer needed
- Lightweight and ‘no nonsense’ (in other words not many features)
- Available in 64 colour combinations
We'll be reviewing some of these pushchairs in the next few months, but for now, make sure you're buying a truly market-beating buggy by checking out our Best Buy pushchairs.
- Already know what sort of pushchair you want? Find the best one for you by comparing features and prices
- Over the last three months which were the most popular pushchairs and double pushchairs?
- We put buggies through rigorous tests before rating them. Find out how we test pushchairs