Hot Car Deal – Save 23% on Volkswagen Jetta£4,740 discount on the saloon version of VW Golf
16 April 2014
IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Volkswagen offers meagre discounts on the extremely popular VW Golf. If you’re happy to drive the Golf’s saloon sibling the Jetta, however, you can find discounts of over 20% online.
The Golf may have been a best-selling model on UK roads for decades, but its saloon sibling, the Volkswagen Jetta is a much less obvious purchase. However, this medium car offers a huge amount of cabin space, a larger boot than the Golf and, thanks to large discounts, it’s better value too.
Based on the previous generation Golf, the Jetta is available with several of the Golf’s petrol and diesel engines, and the option of VW’s slick DSG automatic gearbox.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Volkswagen Jetta
Save 23% on the Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 TDI BlueMotion Tech SE
Our favourite Jetta is the 1.6 TDI thanks to its frugal diesel engine. While this model normally costs £20,735 we’ve found a discount of £4,740 online, which drops the price to £15,995. With a 1.6-litre diesel engine under the bonnet, this Jetta returns a strong claimed fuel economy figure of 67.3mpg and can accelerate to 62mph in 11.7 seconds.
In BlueMotion Tech SE trim the Jetta comes with air conditioning, a digital radio, cruise control, a trip computer and a Bluetooth connection for your phone. You also get folding rear seats, front and rear armrests and the car has a 12-volt socket in the boot, too.
Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI S petrol for just £14,436
If you have a little less to spend and prefer a petrol Jetta, you can pick up a Jetta 1.4 TSI petrol for £14,436 – thanks to a discount of nearly 20% off the list price. Despite its small engine, this car can accelerate to 62mph in a sprightly 9.8 seconds and fuel bills should be low thanks to a strong official economy figure of 45.6mpg.
In basic S specification the Jetta features air conditioning, a digital radio and a trip computer; it doesn't have a split-folding rear seat back, which means you could struggle with long loads.
Save £4,469 on the Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI Sport DSG
For those who want an automatic model with a bit more power, we’ve found the Jetta 1.4 TSI Sport DSG for £18,221, saving you £4,469. Despite its extra power, this Jetta is not only faster but more economical than the 1.4 TSI S, sprinting to 62mph in just 8.3 seconds and hitting a claimed economy figure of 47.1mpg.
The list of standard equipment for the Sport is long with automatic headlights and wipers, front fog lights and supportive sports seats included. Also standard are 17-inch alloy wheels and lowered sports suspension for a firmer ride.
Hot Car Deals:
- Volkswagen Jetta 1.6 TDI CR BlueMotion Tech SE - £15,995 at Arnold Clark
- Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI S - £14,436 at Carfile
- Volkswagen Jetta 1.4 TSI Sport DSG - £18,221 at Carfile
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.