IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
We published a Toyota Avensis Hot Car Deal back in January. Since then prices have dropped further, making this sensible and practical large car even better value with discounts of up to 22%.
If you’re looking for a car that will set your heart on fire, the Toyota Avensis is not it. If, however, you want a sturdy, comfortable large car that will serve you for years on end without complaint, the Avensis is that car. We wrote about the Avensis back in January and prices have dropped a further £500-1,000 since then, making it even better value.
This practical and comfortable car has plenty of space for both people and luggage and there are several efficient petrol and diesel engines to choose from. The Avensis also offers the security of a five-star Euro NCAP crash test rating and powerful brakes too, so you should be able to stay out of trouble in the first place.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Toyota Avensis
Diesel Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Active for under £15,000
Our favourite Avensis is the 2.0 D-4D Active, which is now available for just £14,923 – over £1,000 less than a few months ago. Despite the low price, this model has a punchy diesel engine and a strong claimed fuel consumption figure of 62.8mpg. Acceleration is also reasonable, with the car capable of hitting 62mph in under 10 seconds.
Standard equipment includes air conditioning, electric, heated wing mirrors and a CD player with iPod connectivity and Bluetooth. In entry level Active trim you will have to pay extra for alloy wheels though.
Save 22% on well-equipped Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D Icon+
If you’ve got a bigger budget and are looking for more equipment, the 2.2 D-4D Icon+ could be yours for just £19,501 – saving you £5,554 off the list price. This model features 17-inch alloy wheels, a digital radio, leather and suede seats and a rear view camera. You also get cruise control and automatic lights and wipers to take the strain out of long journeys.
Fuel bills should be inexpensive too with a claimed fuel economy figure of 52.3mpg. This Avensis has a powerful diesel engine that helps it sprint to 62mph in just 8.9 seconds. It should cope easily with heavy loads too.
£5,891 discount on automatic diesel Toyota Avensis Tourer
For those who would rather drive an automatic, you can find huge discounts on the Avensis Tourer auto, which also has an even larger, more practical boot than the hatchback. Thanks to a 20% discount, this model is now available online for just £23,509.
This top-of-the-range model is packed with equipment including a rear view camera, panoramic glass roof, sat nav, electric, heated front seats and black leather upholstery. The headlights also swivel as you turn the steering wheel, giving you a better view of the road ahead.
Hot Car Deals:
- Toyota Avensis 2.0 D-4D Active – £14,923 at Discounted New Cars
- Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D Icon+ – £19,501 at Nationwide Cars
- Toyota Avensis Tourer 2.2 D-CAT Excel auto [safety pack] – £23,509 at Discounted New Cars
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.