IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
If you’re looking for a sensible large car, you don’t have to sacrifice on style. The sharply-styled Mazda 6 is a fun to drive, and thanks to large discounts it offers very good value too.
Mazda is in the middle of a renaissance having recently introduced the sharply-suited Mazda 6 and the Ford Focus rivalling 3. And you can also find hefty discounts on the latest Mazda models.
The 6 is worthy of serious consideration if you’re looking for a large car thanks to its frugal engines, fun handling and great value. With its striking styling and generous roster of standard equipment, it makes a good alternative to both affordable rivals such as the Ford Mondeo and upmarket German rivals including the BMW 3 Series.
Try Which? for £1 to read our full review of the Mazda 6
Petrol Mazda 6 2.0 SE for just £15,998
Thanks to an 18% discount, the 2.0 SE Mazda 6 could be yours for just £15,998 – saving you more than £3,500 on the list price. This version comes with 17-inch alloy wheels, cruise control, air conditioning, Bluetooth and a 5.8-inch touch screen for the audio system.
It’s a fast, yet frugal, option too – this 6 accelerates to 62mph in a brisk 9.5 seconds, and returns an impressive claimed fuel economy figure of 51.4mpg. Sign up to Which? for £1 to see if the 6 2.0 lives up to this claim in our real-life economy tests.
£4,840 discount on top of the range Mazda 6
If you’ve got more to spend and you’d like more equipment for your money, we’ve found a discount of £4,840 on the 6 2.2d  Sport Nav – dropping the price to £21,400. With a powerful diesel motor under the bonnet, this model can sprint to 62mph in just 7.9 seconds, yet official fuel economy is also strong at 62.8mpg.
In Sport Nav specification the 6 is packed with equipment, including striking 19-inch alloy wheels, powerful xenon headlights, a reversing camera, plus electric and heated leather seats. You even get a TomTom satnav as standard, too.
21% discount on Mazda 6 2.0 Sport Nav
For those who want even more money off, we’ve found a discount of £5,251 on a car with delivery mileage, slashing the price to £19,999. This petrol model returns a claimed 47.9mpg with reasonable acceleration of 9.1 seconds to reach 62mph.
This car features Mazda’s Safety Pack, which includes a lane departure warning system, automatic high beam control for the headlights and rear vehicle monitoring, which lets you know if there are cars approaching quickly from behind.
Hot Car Deals:
- Mazda 2.0 SE – £15,998
- Mazda 6 2.2d  Sport Nav – £21,400
- Mazda 6 2.0 Sport Nav – £19,999
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.