Making waves in tech circles this week is the news that Netflix will soon see its subscription price increase from £5.99 to £6.99 for new members. We ask whether it’s a hike that’s going to cost the video-streaming giant in the long run.
Elsewhere, we provide advice to Windows 8 users looking to make the necessary update to Windows 8.1 Update, reveal the internet service providers most likely to throttle your download speeds, explain your rights when it comes to mobile phone roaming and tell you how to spot if you have a broadband leech.
All this and more on Which? Tech Daily.
As Netflix ups its subscription fee from £5.99 to £6.99 per month, we ask whether it’s still a price worth paying, or whether Amazon Instant Video and Now TV might offer a better service?
Amid tales of mobile charges running into the thousands of pounds after consumers use their phone abroad, it’s important to know your rights and options so you don’t get hit by ‘bill shock’.
Microsoft has released an update to Windows 8.1 and warned users to install it promptly, or risk exposing their PC to future problems with online security. Read on for more about where to find Windows 8.1 Update.
Slow internet at home could be down to your internet provider or limited wi-fi range in your house, but there’s also the possibility of something more sinister: a broadband leech. Find out if you’ve got a broadband freeloader.
With the Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8) and iPhone 5s all vying for your hard-earned cash, we see which flagship phone has the best camera, most streamlined interface and premium design.
In the past, ISPs have been accused of misleading their customers by applying network-slowing traffic management to their supposedly unlimited broadband packages. We investigate whether this practice is still taking place.
Other technology news
- Netflix vs Amazon Instant Video – which is better?
- Tesla Model S – five top electric car features
- Parrot Zik – wireless, noise-cancelling, touch-control headphones
- Sony’s A7s camera – the 4K conundrum explained
- Slingbox 350 – watch your TV anywhere
- Sat nav battery life – which ones go the distance?
- Gear 2 versus Gear Fit – which is the top Gear?
- Get all the latest reviews at Which? Technology
- See which models are Best Buy tablets
- See all of our mobile phone Best Buys