IMPORTANT: Read the information at the bottom of this page before going ahead with any car purchase.
Citroen’s C3 Picasso is big on space and small on price, making it the best-value people carrier in the Which? Car Survey, according to owners. And that’s before you consider discounts of up to 31%.
Throw in savings of around 30% and this car offers a great ratio of space per pound. It also looks very funky, so you should be able to spot it in supermarket car parks.
Citroen may not have the best reliability record in the Which? Car Survey, but the very competitive prices online mean that you can get a brand new car where you may be looking at used models from other manufacturers.
Save £5,487 on Top Choice Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi Exclusive (115)
Our favourite C3 Picasso is the 115bhp 1.6 HDi 8v Exclusive, thanks to its blend of fuel-sipping economy and punchy performance. The list price for this model is just short of £18,000, but a quick search online slashes this by 30% – £12,508 is the price you can pay.
For that figure you get dual-zone air conditioning, automatic windscreen wipers and headlights, rear parking sensors and automatically folding wing mirrors –so you can squeeze through the tightest gaps around town.
This model also has stability control to keep you safe in an emergency, plus useful features including a folding front passenger seat and aircraft-style tables on the front seat-backs.
New Citroen C3 Picasso 1.4 VTi VT for just £9,115
If your budget is a little tighter, you can pick up a brand new C3 Picasso from just £9,115 – saving you £3,685 on the list price. With a small petrol motor under the bonnet, this model has claimed fuel economy of 44.8mpg, and can accelerate to 62mph in a reasonable 12.2 seconds.
Standard equipment includes a height-adjustable driver’s seat and height/reach-adjustable steering wheel, so you should be able to get comfortable. This C3 Picasso also has a panoramic windscreen, electric door mirrors and remote central locking, although it does without air conditioning and alloy wheels.
31% discount on Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi Selection
With claimed fuel economy of 68.9mpg, this is the most economical C3 Picasso you can buy. Thanks to a whopping discount of £5,085, this model is also cheap to buy at just £11,560 for a white car.
With a panoramic glass roof, cruise control, trip computer and a Bluetooth phone connectivity, you don’t miss out on equipment. Acceleration is leisurely, however, taking 13.5 seconds to get from 0-62mph.
Hot Car Deals:
- Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi 8V Exclusive (115) – £12,508 at Carfile
- Citroen C3 Picasso 1.4 VTi VT – £9,115 at Carfile
- Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6 HDi 8V Selection – £11,560 at Perrys
- Citroen C3 Picasso: read our full lab test review
- Read our top 10 tips for buying a people carrier
- Browse through all of our MPV reviews
Hot Car Deal hunters please note:
- The car brokers and deals featured are not vetted, endorsed or recommended by Which?. Always check the specifics of the deal so you know exactly what you are getting and who is supplying the car. Make sure all aspects of the deal are confirmed in writing before committing to buy.
- Not all brokers deal in UK sourced vehicles, and this may have an impact on standard equipment and warranty levels.
- The term ‘pre-reg’ or ‘pre-registered’ refers to vehicles that are brand new but already registered with the DVLA. This means that you will appear as the second owner on the V5 registration document.
- Beware of unscrupulous brokers who tell you they will have to retain the V5 registration document for a period of time after your purchase of the car. Vehicles sold this way may be cheap, but there are legal implications, including the risk that you the buyer could be committing a criminal offence when you drive the car, so they should be avoided.