Safety alert: Mothercare mattress recalledCot mattress may not be fully fire retardant
01 July 2014
Mothercare is recalling some of its cot mattresses after fears they might not be fully fire retardant.
Changes in the production method of the Cot Luxury Pocket Sprung mattress has prompted Mothercare to recall some of the mattresses, in case this has affected how fire retardant they are.
If you're affected by this recall take a look at our advice on baby bedding and cot mattresses to help you find the best. It also includes safety tips for buying and using baby bedding.
Mothercare cot mattress
Mothercare is only recalling Cot Luxury Pocket Sprung mattresses sold between 5 June and 23 June 2014. It is recalling two sizes of the mattress:
- Mothercare 60x120x12.5cm Cot Luxury Pocket Sprung Mattress with Outlast - Style No. X7547
- Mothercare 70x140x12.5cm Cot Bed Luxury Pocket Sprung Mattress with Outlast - Style No. X7548
Check for the style number on the cot bed mattress label. If you have one of the affected models, sold between 5 June and 23 June 2014, return it to your nearest store for an exchange or refund. You can also call the Mothercare customer services on 0344 8755 122.
No other Mothercare cot bed mattress has been affected by this recall.
Cot mattresses and cot beds
We've tested 17 of the most popular cot beds for safety, durability and ease of you - you don't need an added stress in the first few months of your baby's life.
See whether a cot bed is right for you and your baby as it grows by watching our video on what makes a Best Buy cot bed.
- Read our advice on how to buy the best cot bed
- Make sure your child is safe with a Best Buy child car seat
- Find the best pushchair for you with our pushchair reviews