Nikon’s D750 is a thoroughly premium camera, but could it earn the Best Buy approval of our test lab?
This is a new flagship DSLR camera with a full frame sensor and tiltable 3.2-inch monitor. Our experts put the D750 through its paces this month, alongside six other digital, bridge and DSLR cameras.
We assessed their picture and video quality, ease of use and LCD monitors to find out which are worth owning. If you’re in the market for a new camera this Christmas, you’ll want to read our results.
- Nikon D750 – our verdict on the full frame DSLR
- Olympus Pen E-PL7 – the compact system camera (CSC) for selfie-lovers
- Pentax K-S1 – an eye-catching entry-level DSLR
- Leica X (Type 113) – the most expensive bridge camera we’ve ever tested
- Pentax Q-S1 – a CSC that weighs just 322g
- Sony SmartShot DSC-QX30 – a new smart lens from Sony
- Sony Alpha a5100 – a powerful, entry-level CSC
Which? members can log in for the full results.
If you’re not a Which? member yet, try Which? for £1 and get instant access to our expert camera reviews as well as test results for hundreds of other products and services.
How we test cameras
We go the extra mile when testing cameras. We’ve got shake machines to test a camera’s image stabilisation, a pressure tank to check waterproof models and a huge zoom room to assess telephoto images.
Results from each of these individual tests are boiled down into our final test score, and excellent performance is rewarded with our Best Buy accolade.
A top-rated camera should have:
- Great photo quality, even in low light
- Fast, accurate focusing
- A clear and vibrant display for composing photos
- Expert image stabilisation to compensate for camera shake
- Convenient, easy to use design with simple menu navigation
If it meets these criteria, and its manufacturer hasn’t flopped in our annual reliability survey, then the camera will be celebrated as a Best Buy.
Best cheap compact cameras for under £200 – the best on test if you’re on a budget
Best camera brands – find out a manufacturer’s average test score and Best Buy hit rate
How we test digital cameras – watch our essential video