Which? Awards 2016: best businesses unveiled10th annual Which? Awards shortlist announced
15 March 2016
The best brands from a host of sectors, including supermarkets, banks, retailers and broadband providers, have been announced today for our 2016 Which? Awards.
This year’s ‘battle of the brands’ heats up as Which? announces the shortlist for its 10th annual Which? Awards. The Which? Awards publicly recognise and reward the very best brands that consistently get it right for UK consumers.
Some of the biggest brands are vying for the coveted accolades of Which? Supermarket of the Year, Which? Computing & Mobile Brand of the Year and Which? Retailer of the Year, among others.
The winners of this year’s awards will be announced at a ceremony held on 25 May, where their achievements of putting their customers at the heart of their business will be celebrated.
To mark the 10th anniversary of the Which? Awards, a special Which? 10th Anniversary Award will recognise an individual or company that has made a significant and positive change on behalf of consumers. This shortlist - as well as the Which? Banking Brand 2016 Award shortlist - will be announced separately.
The Which? Awards 2016 shortlist
• Which? Insurance Provider 2016: John Lewis Financial Services; M&S Bank; NFU Mutual; Rias
• Which? Supermarket of the year 2016: Aldi; Iceland; Marks & Spencer; Ocado; Waitrose
• Which? Computing & Mobile Brand 2016: Apple; Google; Samsung
• Which? Sound & Vision Brand 2016: Canon; Panasonic; Samsung; Sony
• Which? Home Appliance Brand 2016: John Lewis; Miele; New World; Samsung; Sebo
• Which? Telecom Services Provider 2016: Giffgaff; Utility Warehouse; Zen Internet
• Which? Retailer of the Year 2016: AO.com; John Lewis; Liz Earle; Toolstation
• Which? Travel Brand of the Year 2016: Norwegian; Premier Inn; Singapore Airlines; Trailfinders; Voyage Jules Verne
• Which? Trusted Trader of the Year 2016: 2 RED Ltd; Day and Knight Ltd; Electricians in Reading Ltd; Hillis Security Systems Ltd
• Which? Banking Brand of the Year 2016: First Direct; M&S Bank; Nationwide Building Society
• Which? Awards 10th Anniversary Award: First Direct; NFU Mutual; Samsung; Panasonic
The Which? Awards are unlike others, because they are completely independent. A company can't nominate itself, as the shortlist is chosen by our experts based on research, testing, Which? endorsements (such as Best Buy and Recommended Provider status), and feedback from Which? members and the general public, throughout the year.
Peter Vicary-Smith, Which? group chief executive said: ‘The Which? Awards celebrate brands that succeed because they put consumers at the heart of their business.
‘For our 10th Which? Awards, we are looking to reward businesses that deliver excellent products and services, and those that seek to change things and innovate to consistently deliver more for their customers.’