Need a car seat but on a budget? Our latest crash tests reveal the results for 20 car seat reviews, from the latest top of the range i-Size models to a £60 car seat.
Whether you’re after your very first baby car seat, need to upgrade to a toddler seat or want the latest i-Size seat or an extending rear-facing model – our latest crop of test results has car seat reviews for you. And we’ve tested an updated version of a former Don’t Buy to see how it’s improved.
Our new reviews include the £60 Britax Discovery SL group 2/3 seat and the £100 Maxi Cosi Citi baby car seat. We’ve also tested the latest BeSafe extended rear facing iZi modular system and the innovative Kiddy Evo LunaFix i-Size, which could set you back more than £300.
Head straight to our child car seat reviews to find out which car seats came out top.
Latest car seat safety
The latest car seats we’ve reviewed include a whole host of safety features:
The Kiddy Luna i-Size is a car seat with a difference. This i-Size car seat is approved to the latest safety standards (R129) and creates a ‘lie-flat’ position for your baby to travel in. Car seat experts say this is the best position for newborns and young babies to be in – not only for comfort, but also to help their breathing.
The Britax car seats we’ve tested come with the latest safety feature from Britax – SecureGuard – an extra belt guide in the crotch area to help keep your child secure in his or her seat.
The Hauck VarioGuard was a Don’t Buy following a failure in one of our key crash tests, so we’ve put the latest version, the Hauck VarioGuard Plus, through our series of tough crash tests to see if the overall safety score has improved.
Which? goes further in our car seat testing, to help you choose the best way to keep your child safe in your car.
How we test car seats – find out more about why our reviews are different.
Child car seat reviews
Get detailed reviews and our verdict on each of the baby and child car seats we’ve just tested via the links below:
- Britax Discovery SL, £60
- Kids Embrace Friendship Group 1/2/3, £80
- Maxi Cosi Citi Group 0+, £100
- Joie i-Gemm, £110
- Joie Duallo Group 2/3, £125
- Maxi Cosi RodiFix AirProtect Group 2/3, £130
- Joie Transcend Group 1/2/3, £150
- Britax King II Group 2/3, £150
- Britax KidFix II XP Group 2/3, £150
- Britax KidFix II XP SICT Group 2/3, £170
- Besafe Izi Go Modular i-Size, £180
- Hauck Varioguard Plus Group 0+/1, £209
- Joie i-Gemm (with base) i-Size, £235
- Kiddy Evo LunaFix Group 0+, £315
- Besafe Izi Kid X2 i-Size, £350
- Kiddy Evo LunaFix i-Size, £360
- Besafe Izi Go Modular (with base) i-Size £370
- Besafe Izi Modular toddler i-Size, £380