Which? Money weekly podcast, 10 June 2009
- 6% interest on your money for a whole year - what's the catch?
- The contactless cards revolution
- Save cash and keep a clear conscience with our green money saving tips
In this week's podcast: fancy getting 6% interest on your money at Abbey or Alliance and Leicester?
A 6% interest rate on some current accounts has caught the money headlines this week but is it all it's cracked up to be? We'll be getting out the magnifying glass and calculator to go through the small print so you don't have to...
Special technology means that soon we'll all be able to pay for items under £10 just by swiping a card at a reading device and we'll get this if we like it or not. We find out more about contactless payments and ask, is this the end for cash?
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Contactless payments explained
- Best Rate current accounts
- Best Rate savings accounts
- Go green and save money