Which? Money weekly podcast, 27 January 2010
- Cash for gold companies: do they offer consumers a good deal?
- Skipton Building Society raises its SVR: what does this mean for borrowers with variable rate mortgages?
- Credit cards for when you don't need to borrow: rewards and cashback cards
In this week's podcast: does cashing in your gold really offer the best value?
This week the Which? podcast team finds out about TV cash for gold companies. Their advertising is hard to miss, but are these firms really offering consumers a good deal?
Plus, James Daley explains to Melanie Dowding how Skipton Building Society's decision to increase its standard variable mortgage rate (SVR) will affect customers. Does this lender's move mean more borrowers will consider fixing their mortgage rates?
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Which? Guide to cash for gold and gold selling
- News: Which? slams cash for gold buyers
- News: Skipton BS increases mortgage costs for thousands