Which? Money weekly podcast, 10 March 2010
- Green home loans from the government: are they a good idea?
- How to find the right Isa - and why you should keep a close eye on last year's savings
- Mother's Day gift ideas: where you can go to get a good value present this weekend
In this week's podcast: going green can save homeowners money
In this week's podcast, James Daley, Melanie Dowding and Laura Starkey explore the government's plan for green home loans. Which? energy expert James Tallack pops in to the studio to explain what the loans might be used for, how the system would work and why they could save homeowners money as well as cut carbon emissions.
With the tax year drawing to a close, the team also takes a look at Isas - or, for the uninitiated, individual savings accounts. We chat about where to find the best rate if you're looking for a cash Isa, and reveal why anyone who took out a fixed-rate Isa last year should check the small print of their account's terms and conditions.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Energy efficient loans to be offered to homes
- Tips for a greener home
- How to cut energy costs
- Which? Best Rate Cash Isas