Which? Money weekly podcast, 21 April 2010
- Are your energy bills incorrect? How to spot the mistakes that could cost you money
- Paying with plastic: how to maximise rewards, cashback and consumer protection when using your cards
- Cheap chocolate: where to bag edible Easter sale bargains
In this week's podcast: incorrect energy bills exposed and the demise of cheques
This week the podcast team investigate incorrect energy bills. Laura Starkey asks Which? energy expert James Tallack why suppliers seem to find sending accurate bills so difficult - and finds out what we can all do to minimise the risk of paying our providers too much, or too little, for our fuel.
We also look at the decline of cheques and cash, and the rise of paying with plastic. Credit card expert Martyn Saville explains why spending on a credit card can sometimes be the smartest option, while James Daley explains to Melanie Dowding why contactless cards and even mobile phone technology might hold the key to making transactions in the future.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- The best and worst energy suppliers revealed
- Your rights when paying by credit card
- How to choose the right credit card
- Which? Best Rate credit cards