Which? Money weekly podcast, 08 June 2010
- Useless financial products you shouldn't bother buying
- Buying travel money online: how to get a great deal
- Cheap haircare: DIY and student cuts
In this week's podcast: ten products you should avoid
It's no secret that some financial products offer bad value for money, but experts at Which? Money Quarterly magazine recently compiled a list of ten you should take special care to avoid. Laura Starkey chats to editor Nick Cheek about why certain products have been named and shamed, and how much money they could be costing you.
Elsewhere this week, we discuss how to get the best deal when you buy travel money online. James Daley explains to Melanie Dowding how the process works, why ordering foreign currency is often a better bet than buying on the high street and why you should avoid paying for your holiday cash on a credit card.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Which? Best Buy travel insurance policies
- How to deal with debt
- Which? Best Rate credit cards
- Travel money advice