Which? Money weekly podcast, 12 January 2011
- Credit card reforms: how the new rules could save you money
- Returning unwanted and faulty goods: your rights and what to do
- How to get free directory enquiries online and on the phone
In this week's podcast: new credit card rules and how they'll save you money
In today's episode of the Which? Money podcast, 'plastic guru' Martyn Saville explains how recent changes to the rules surrounding credit cards will save consumers millions of pounds a year. Signalling an end to the sneaky tricks many lenders have used for years, the changes have been welcomed by the Which? campaigns team - so tune in to find out how you could benefit from them this year.
Elsewhere this week, we take a close look at your consumer rights. Need to take back a faulty, damaged or unwanted Christmas present now the festivities are over? Shopping expert Sarah Dennis explains how you can get your money back, and Charlotte Slayford puts the Which? Consumer Rights iPhone app to the test.
Finally, if the privatisation of directory enquiries has left you confused about how much finding out a phone number will cost, check out our free ways to get the information you need online, on your iPhone or from a landline or mobile.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- New rules to speed up repayment of credit card debts
- Reject credit card rate hikes and save money
- Which? Consumer Rights advice
- Download the Which? Consumer Rights iPhone app
- Sign up now to take part in our LIVE credit and debt Q&A event