Which? Money weekly podcast, 08 June 2011
- Expert advice for struggling first time buyers
- Investment trusts: what are they, how do they work and who are they suitable for?
- Get a cheaper mobile phone deal: top haggling tips
This week, amid a flurry of headlines about the hardships facing first time buyers, we discuss the options available to would-be homeowners. With mortgages difficult to find unless you have a hefty deposit, could financial help from older relatives, a shared ownership scheme or even renting a property for longer be the right option for you?
Elsewhere in today's podcast, Which? investment expert Gareth Shaw comes into the studio to explain investment trusts. The oldest form of collective investment scheme, trusts are often overlooked in today's market - but there could be good reasons for putting your money into one, as we find out...
Finally, don't miss this week's money saving tip: a simple way to negotiate a cheaper mobile phone deal.
Listen to the Which? Money podcast from 8 June 2011
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- 84% of first time buyers rely on help from parents
- First time buyer help from parents
- Investment trusts explained