Which? Money weekly podcast, 28 September 2011
- Payday loan companies exposed
- Credit card protection policies - a waste of money?
- How to save cash on birthday 'experience day' gifts
This week: Payday loan companies, credit card protection and 'experience day' savings
Payday loans offer hard up consumers a short term fix if they need to borrow some emergency cash. But a Which? Money investigation has uncovered an industry rife with poor practice. We take a look at some of the problems in the market and how borrowers might be affected.
Elsewhere in the podcast, credit card protection. You're often sold this as soon as you're issued a credit or debit card but is the protection worth the money you're paying?
And in our money saving tip of the week: how to save money on experience day gifts.
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Read our 60 second guide to payday loans
- Find out more about the poor practice of payday loan firms
- Check our reviews to find the best credit card for your needs
Other useful links
- The Grant My Wish application explained