Which? Money weekly podcast, 19 October 2011
- Energy companies - do they quote the cheapest tariffs?
- What to do if you get a tax underpayment letter
- How switching bank account could earn you £200
This week: gas and electricity prices, tax underpayment letters and bank account switching
With winter just around the corner, we start this week's podcast looking at whether you can trust your energy company to tell you about its cheapest tariffs.
Also, we discuss what to do if you're one of the 1.2 million to receive a letter from HMRC in the next couple of weeks because you've not paid enough tax.
And finally, in this week's money-saving tip, we look at the new deal from the Co-operative Bank where you could earn £200 by switching bank accounts.
Links mentioned in the podcast
- Tackle energy tariffs - Join our campaign for fairer energy tariffs and email Ofgem now
- Which? Switch - Compare the cheapest energy deals online
- Tax codes explained - Check if you're on the right tax code
- Which? tax calculator - Work out how much tax you should pay for 2010/2011 tax year
- Switch bank accounts - Find out how to switch successfully
- Finding the right bank account - Tips on getting the right bank account for you