Which? Money weekly podcast, 25 April 2012
- Unexpected insurance charges
- How to get the most from a building survey
- Food shopping online and not getting what you want
Take the Which? podcast survey
We'd like to make the Which? Money podcast more relevant to you. Do you want more news, more comment from our experts or to hear more about our investigations. Take part in the Which? Money podcast survey to make a difference.
This week: insurance charges, building surveys and online grocery shopping
In today's podcast, paying premiums to insure your car or home are not the only thing you'll need to stump up for when taking out cover. Almost all insurers will hit you with a fee for changing the slightest details on your policies, such as your name, address, or even just setting up your policy. Our latest research uncovers the worst offenders.
Elsewhere, we give you the lowdown on building surveys. When you buy a new property, you have to make sure there aren't any hidden problems, so getting a thorough survey to uncover possible issues is a vital, yet expensive, necessity. We provide some top tips to help you make the most out of a building survey.
And in our money tip this week, watch out for small versions of the products you order when you shop online.
Listen to the Which? Money weekly podcast for 25 April 2012
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Find out what extra fees are charged by your car insurer
- See the charges levied by your home insurer
- Have your say on insurance charges on Which? Conversation
- Learn more about the different types of home survey