Which? Money weekly podcast, 18 July 2012
- The latest scams exposed and how to avoid them
- Current accounts under the microscope
- Good news for savers as inflation falls
This week: scams exposed, current accounts and good news for savers
There's a scam lurking around every corner these days - from official looking emails from your bank or government agencies, to cold calls and lotteries, scams are costing consumer a massive £6bn a year. Which? identifies the latest scams and shows you how to steer clear of them.
Elsewhere, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has announced a review into the current account market to see just how hard banks make it to switch your bank account. We discuss how to do it and what we want to see from the review.
And in our money tip this week, good news for savers as inflation falls and savings rates pick up.
Links mentioned in this week's podcast
- The Which? guide to rip-offs and scams
- How to switch bank accounts
- The savings accounts and cash Isas to beat inflation