Which? Technology weekly podcast, 09 November 2010
- We reveal the top gadget toys for kids this Christmas
- Microsoft Kinect launches and we assess what it offers family gamers
- Creative Ziio tablets - we get hands-on with these cheap iPad lookalikes
In this week's podcast: Top Christmas gadget toys, Microsoft Kinect and Creative Ziio
The podcast team welcomes Which? baby and child producer Kelly Fenn into the studio to run down her top gadget toys for kids this Christmas. There's an old classic given a tech twist in the form of Boggle Flash. Unlikely stars with Paper Jamz cardboard instruments, plus kids versions of ebook readers and camcorders. Not forgetting a game where you control a ball with the power of your mind...
Jack Turner joins the team to give his first impressions having played with Microsoft's new Kinect system - which lets users control games with nothing more than their own bodies.
Ben Stevens reports on the latest tablets to go on sale - the Creative Ziio Android tablets - but will their mix of price and features score well in the tech team's assessment?
And in the news round-up: sales of Blu-ray discs are booming, the BBC's iPlayer looks set to go global, and Best Buy launches a UK shopping website.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- BBC iPlayer goes global
- Microsoft Kinect First Look review
- Creative Ziio tablet First Look video review
- Top tech toys for Christmas