Which? Technology weekly podcast, 14 December 2010
- Our pick of the top cameras to buy this Christmas
- Hands-on with Sony Ericsson's LiveView
- In the news: Google Chrome OS, IE9 privacy and catch-up TV on PS3
In this week's podcast: Christmas cameras, Sony Ericsson LiveView & Facebook in bed
The podcast team trawls through the latest tech news, including Google's Chrome OS and laptop trial and Internet Explorer 9's online tracking blocker. ITV Player and 4oD arrive on Sony's PlayStation 3 and Google launches a series of videos aimed at teaching basic tech to parents - on the aptly named Teaching Parents Tech website.
Al Warman shares his experiences of Sony Ericsson's wristwatch-sized Android Bluetooth remote - the LiveView. It's claimed to be an ideal way to keep up with tweets, Facebook updates, emails, texts and calls, all without getting your phone out of your pocket. But does it deliver?
Camera expert Rich Parris joins the podcast team, to give his top picks of cameras to buy this Christmas - from a £60 point-and-shoot to a DSLR for the keen but frugal photographer.
And the team takes a lighthearted look at a survey which claims that most of us check our Facebook page in bed, and a surprising number will interrupt a lovemaking session for a text message.
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Google starts Chrome OS pilot
- Internet Explore 9 will block online tracking
- Sony Ericsson LiveView unveiled
- Top digital cameras for Christmas